La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Why We Love It
- Waldorf Astoria's signature service in a renovated 1920s resort
- Golfer's delight with five courses to choose from
- Casitas and suites, most with fireplaces and/or private pools
- Well-regarded eateries include a Mexican restaurant with its own tequilero
"A premium is placed on privacy" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Spanning over 45 lush acres of orange trees, vibrant flower beds and manicured lawns is the historic La Quinta Resort and Club. Built in the 1920s, this storied hotel has hosted such luminaries as President Eisenhower, Greta Garbo, Frank Capra and more.
The originally casita-style rooms have been multiplied and expanded upon to include suites ranging from "Wow!" to "Holy cow!"
Nearly all the rooms have private fireplaces, some with private pools as well and each are decorated in a thoughtful blend of California casual meets traditional luxury. Neutral colored walls, intricately carved four poster wooden beds and plantation shutters are just right for curling up with a good book.
The couch-potato averse will delight in trying any of the nine available golf courses. Afterwards, work out the kinks at the resort spa which features custom citrus-scented blends from the property's own fruit trees.
Other options to while away the hours include a premier tennis center, on-site hiking trails, multiple pools and regularly scheduled fitness classes.
Those seeking a lazier getaway can indulge in retail therapy at the cluster of shops lining the resort’s Main Plaza.
Mexican food lovers will make a beeline for the hotel’s Adobe Grill, which features hand-made tamales and an in-house master tequilero to help choose from the more than 100 tequilas available.
- "A premium is placed on privacy, which accounts for La Quinta's continuing popularity with Hollywood celebrities" -- Fodor's
- "If you have the resources for it, there are few desert hideaways as magical, or as storied, as La Quinta" -- Frommer's
General Newspaper available Monday through Friday.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Golf course (on-site)
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Video games on request
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 0.00 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 0.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 0.00 per night
- Pet fee: USD 100 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 35.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(101 Member Ratings)