Swissotel - Chicago
Why We Love It
- Spacious, contemporary rooms feels like condos and showcase wrap-around water or city views
- If guest room views aren't enough, the pool and fitness center on the 42nd floor are gorgeous and boast the best bird's eye views in the city (though access costs $15 for guests)
- Two restaurants on-site include the Palm Steakhouse, a favorite with locals, and the hotel's green initiative offers dining credits to guests who opt out of daily housekeeping
- Overlooking the intersection of Lake Michigan and the Chicago River, just a 10-minute walk from Michigan Avenue
"Jaw-dropping views" -- Time Out
Map & Directions
The Swissotel Chicago is approximately one hour from Chicago O’Hare International Airport. A taxi is approximately $45 plus tip.
Rooms & Rates
Merging European hospitality with downtown élan, the Swissotel Chicago occupies an enviable site at the intersection of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. This prime position means that every room in the triangular reflective tower has lake and/or river views as well as a broad panorama of the city.
The glass exterior has modern insides to match. The contemporary lobby has chandeliers of cascading glass bubbles and the graphic patterns on the carpeting resemble jellyfish. Light-colored walls are smooth and unadorned. Guest rooms are similarly chic in shades of cream and tan with framed black-and-white urban scenes on the walls. Practicality over plushness attracts business guests, and high prices for parking Wi-Fi seem to put off leisure guests.
The hotel is a 10-minute walk to the upscale shopping along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, a five-minute walk to the lakefront and a five-minute drive to Navy Pier shopping and entertainment complex.
- "Jaw-dropping views of Lake Michigan” – Time Out
- "Comfortable, contemporary rooms feel like condos” – Fodor’s
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 29 and USD 36 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 55 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 70 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 250.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 15 per accommodation, per night
- Health club access
- Fitness center access
- Phone calls
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities will be closed from 21 May 2018 to 31 October 2018 (dates subject to change):
- Swimming pool
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(24 Member Ratings)