£149 – Norfolk break with 2-AA-Rosette dinner & cream tea
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Follow in the footsteps of Agatha Christie with an overnight stay at Beechwood Hotel -- a Georgian property, 10 minutes' drive from the north Norfolk coast, where the author was a regular guest. Now £149, this deal saves up to 44% on the usual cost.
- Accommodation in a Classic Double Room, with full English breakfast, and late checkout until 12pm, for two
- Glass of prosecco on arrival (worth £8 per person)
- Cream tea on arrival (worth £6 per person)
- 4-course dinner with coffee and petits fours (worth up to £52 per person)
- It's £169 in a Four-Poster Room
- You can book additional nights for the same price with the same inclusions
Why We Love This Hotel
- Beechwood Hotel is the top-ranked hotel in Norfolk on TripAdvisor
- The hotel has four AA Silver Stars and a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant that serves British fare
- Agatha Christie was a regular guest; her letters and photographs are displayed throughout
- All bedrooms feature Georgian windows and some have free-standing Victorian baths
Beechwood Hotel is a country house in North Walsham, Norfolk. This Georgian property has four AA Silver Stars, which is awarded to properties with high levels of hospitality, service and cleanliness. It is the top-ranked hotel out of 167 properties in Norfolk on TripAdvisor, and was once a regular haunt of Agatha Christie's. Her letters and photographs are displayed around the hotel.
There are a variety of places to visit near the hotel. The Norfolk Broads are around 20 minutes' drive away, and the coastal towns of Sheringham and Cromer are within 25 minutes by car. You can wander along Cromer's large sandy beach and go crabbing on the pier, or potter around Sheringham's colourful beach huts, numerous tea rooms and independent cafés. Norwich, which Lonely Planet praises for its "magnificent cathedral", "impressive Norman castle" and "thriving markets", is around 30 minutes' drive away.
The hotel's 2-AA-Rosette restaurant serves a Ten-Mile Dinner, the ingredients for which are sourced within 10 miles of the hotel where possible, and include Cromer crab, Brancaster mussels and Sheringham lobster. There is also a lounge bar and a garden lounge.
Rooms feature large Georgian windows, and some have free-standing Victorian bathtubs and walk-in showers.
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10:30am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra bed not available for older children and adults.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
£25 per night for children 11 or under.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 44% off
£149 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(40 Member Ratings)