Los Angeles Athletic Club
Why We Love It
- This hotel dates back to 1880, and stars like Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford stayed here
- Includes access to four floors of athletic facilities with Olympic pool, basketball courts, fitness classes and personal trainers
- In the heart of LA - just steps to the metro, Pershing Square and bustling bars and restaurants
- Free perks include Wi-Fi and a breakfast buffet
"Every bit the bastion of gentility" -- Los Angeles Times
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Set in a private athletic club dating back to 1880, the elegant Los Angeles Athletic Club takes guests back to an era when stars like Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford graced the halls.
“Think of it as stepping into a work of film noir, and you’ll be right at home,” says Frommer’s; rooms are cozy and inviting, decorated in rich, dark hues and custom furniture.
The location is on-point for those looking to be in the midst of the downtown bustle – it’s steps from buzzing restaurants and bars, the 7th Street/Metro Center rail station and Pershing Square, and just a 20-minute walk to the Staples Center/L.A. Live and Convention Center.
Free perks include Wi-Fi and a full American breakfast buffet, but the pièce de résistance is the Olive Club membership extended to all hotel guests, allowing access to private club amenities. Get free rein of all 88,000 square feet of the four-floor athletic club, which features an Olympic lap pool, fitness classes, personal training and basketball, squash and volleyball courts.
Maximize your stay in LA with these deals on restaurants, entertainment, activities and spas.
- "The hotel’s graceful stone and woodwork are legacies of its 1912 architecture, and the building oozes history... but the best perk is free rein in L.A.’s most extensive athletic facility, including its classes and personal trainers" -- Frommer's
- "Seventh Street is home to some of downtown's top restaurants" -- Los Angeles Times
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 1pm.
Children and additional guests: Crib available on request, free of charge. Extra bed available on request and in the Deluxe King rooms only; $25 + tax per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The Los Angeles Athletic Club is a historic private club. When staying in the boutique hotel, you will receive exclusive Olive Club Membership, which allows you to enjoy privileges throughout the 12 floors.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.