Luxe City Center Hotel
Why We Love It
- Across the street from action-packed entertainment hub L.A. Live, home to the Staples Center, Nokia Theatre and the Convention Center
- The hotel's trendy bar has an outdoor patio with fire pits and views of the city
- Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and access to Gold's Gym down the street
- Rooms are spacious and sleek with pillow-top mattresses and rain shower heads in bathroom
"High-end contemporary style" -- Gayot
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Luxe City Center Hotel sits right on the main drag of up-and-coming downtown Los Angeles. Across the street from L.A. Live (home to the Staples Center, Nokia Theatre and Grammy Museum), this hip 4-star hotel is a popular choice among sports fans, concert-goers and business travelers alike and ranked No. 28 out of 327 hotels in Los Angeles by TripAdvisor users.
It is the closest hotel to the Convention Center, and conveniently located in one of “LA’s most walkable neighborhoods” (Fodor’s) within a 25-minute stroll of downtown’s main attractions: Walt Disney Concert Hall, Grand Central Market, Museum of Contemporary Art, and the business, fashion and jewelry districts.
Posh on-site restaurant Stafford + Mathis Kitchen features two separate menus to satisfy the most adventurous and reserved tastes of downtown’s growing foodie audience. Head to the second-floor terrace lounge for a craft beer or a cocktail where private cabanas and a cozy fire pit overlook crowded streets with cityscape views.
Inside the hotel, the vibe is modern and sleek; dark wood furniture pops against soft, muted palettes in "high-end contemporary style" (Gayot) spacious guest rooms. Amenities include pillow-top mattresses, Keurig coffee makers, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, and rain forest shower heads in the bathroom. Light sleepers beware -- street noise from busy Figueroa Street can be heard from many rooms especially on weekend nights, so request a room on a higher floor for a quieter night’s sleep. And before checking out the contents of the mini-bar, be sure to look and not touch -- items that are picked up and removed are automatically charged to your bill. So don't take the item unless you're sure you want it.
A small on-site workout space hosts a few machines, but you can head three blocks north on Figueroa for complimentary access to Gold’s Gym. There is a full-service spa, but no pool, so grab your swimsuit and head for the sand; Santa Monica, Venice and Manhattan beaches are about a 30- to 45-minute drive from downtown. Daily valet parking is offered and pricey ($44), which is worth knowing before booking.
Make the most of LA with deals for spa days, gourmet dinners and popular shows.
- “Directly across from LA Live, Nokia, Staples and the Convention Center, this luxury hotel is part of the ongoing revitalization of Downtown, offering visitors a place to stay that’s a quick walk to their event of choice” -- Zagat
- "Decorated in a high-end contemporary style, the 162 guest rooms feature bold design elements" -- Gayot
- Gym / fitness center
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.