Makena Surf by Destination Resorts Hawaii
Why We Love It
- This gated resort offers two- to three-bedroom condos with all the comforts of home, private lanais and ocean views
- Nestled on a private half-mile stretch of Paipu Beach -- it's quiet and perfect for families
- Relax in two pools and whirlpool spas, play tennis or go whale-watching nearby
- Guests get free Wi-Fi and parking
- Note: This hotel requires a 5-night minimum length of stay
"Simple but luxurious relaxation" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Enjoy a secluded beach retreat without leaving the comforts of home at Makena Surf, a gated condo resort nestled on a private half-mile stretch of Paipu Beach on the Makena coastline in Wailea.
Condos are ideal for families and groups, with two to three bedrooms, fully stocked kitchens, spacious living areas, central air-conditioning, TVs with DVD players, washers/dryers and free Wi-Fi. You’ll want to stay a while -- all condos have floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open onto private lanais (or balconies) with unobstructed ocean views.
Two outdoor swimming pools with spa tubs and barbecue areas are surrounded by lush tropical gardens with hibiscus flowers, plumeria trees and cobblestone paths. Also on property, check out the sacred Hawaiian heiau (or ancient place of worship) and get active on the four tennis courts. The area is quiet, safe and secluded -- Fodor's says "privacy envelops the grounds."
There's great snorkeling right off the beach, so grab goggles and fins for the whole family. The Makena coastline features many other untamed beaches, including the 3,000-foot-long "Big Beach" or Makena State Beach Park, which Fodor's calls "one of Hawaii's most breathtaking beaches."
Golf-lovers can hit the links at nearby Wailea Golf Club’s three seaside courses, while animal-lovers can spot whales (more than half the Pacific's humpback population winters in Hawaii).
- "For travelers who've done all there is to do on Maui and just want simple but luxurious relaxation at a condo that spills onto a private beach, this is the spot" -- Fodor's
- "Away from it all, yet still close to 'civilization'" -- Fodor's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- No pets allowed
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Internet access (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children 12 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib and child's bed available on request, $20 per night + tax. Extra bed for adults available on request: $35 per night + tax. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Fees: A resort fee of 5.2% of the room rate per night (subject to tax) applies; it includes parking, high-speed Internet access, phone calls, BBQ usage and in-room amenities.
Additional details: Note: Check-in is at a different location than the resort. Please check in at 34 Wailea Gateway Place, Kihei, HI 96753. This is approximately a 30-minute drive from the Kahului Airport. After you check in at this address, staff will direct you to Makena Surf. Driving Directions: http://www.drhmaui.com/pdf/2016_Driving-Directions-web.pdf