Chancellor Hotel on Union Square
Why We Love It
- This historic hotel was built in 1914 and is family owned and operated
- Choose from 12 pillows on the complimentary "pillow menu"
- Walk to Union Square and Chinatown shopping, dining and nightlife
- Convenience and comfort at an affordable price
“Top 10 SF Boutique Hotels, 2015” -- Gayot
Rooms & Rates
Set along the iconic Powell Street Cable Car Line, the Chancellor Hotel represents San Francisco at its most quintessential.
Just steps from the property is Union Square, one of the city’s best destinations for visitors and locals alike. Get your wallet ready for shopping at stores including Macy’s, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Saks Fifth Avenue and more, or tuck into one of the area’s renowned bars or restaurants. Chinatown is just a 10-minute walk (or five-minute cable car ride) from the hotel.
The Chancellor Hotel was built in 1914, and has been a fixture of the city ever since. It’s a family-owned-and-operated property – one of the few left in San Francisco – and the hotel has a habit of treating its guests as family too.
On-site amenities include a restaurant, free Wi-Fi throughout the property and in all guest rooms, complimentary pillow menu with 12 options, and complimentary use of a nearby full-service gym.
- “One of the best bets on Union Square for comfort without extravagance” -- Fodor’s
- “Perks include a pillow menu, which offers guests their choice of twelve different pillow types” -- Gayot
General Complimentary Use of Active Sports Club Fitness Center (formally ClubOne) located at 535 Mason Street (Photo ID and room key required for access.
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: USD 15.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 34.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.