£106-£150 – Historic San Antonio Hotel near the Alamo, 55% Off
Travelzoo members can save 55% on stays at the Menger Hotel, which strikes a balance between past and present with its grand architecture, opulent decor, full spa and large outdoor pool -- and is just across from the Alamo.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Deluxe King or Deluxe Two Double
- £106-£150 per night ... most dates through Dec. 26
- Two drinks at check-in (reg. £14)
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a Deluxe King room and three guests sharing a Deluxe Two Double
- Additional adults are +£9 per guest, per night; children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; cancel 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is £21 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: We've negotiated savings of 45% off for the "Battle for Texas" and the "Night at the Museum" tour at the Interactive Battle of the Alamo Exhibit through Sept. 22 -- about a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
"The hotel's location is terrific" --Frommer's
Why We Love It
- One of the oldest hotels in San Antonio, it has hosted Mae West and Theodore Roosevelt
- Fresh from a 2017 renovation
- Excellent location overlooking the Alamo and a five-minute walk from the River Walk
- Historic bar is reputedly a replica of the House of Lords Pub in London
- The outdoor pool is surrounded by lounge chairs, ideal for a relaxing afternoon
Built in 1859, the Menger Hotel is one of the oldest in San Antonio, with well-preserved interiors and a long history of celebrity guests -- these walls have seen the likes of Theodore Roosevelt, Oscar Wilde, Babe Ruth and Mae West. The Renaissance Revival-style lobby, complete with marble floor, stretches three stories tall and is adorned with floral wallpaper, oil paintings and gilt-framed mirrors. Outside, things are less formal. You’ll find the outdoor pool and hot tub, as well as a line of rocking chairs in the garden -- perfect for a snooze in the shade.
The hotel is right next to the Alamo, a 4-acre site encompassing the 1836 battlefield, and it’s five minutes on foot from the River Walk and the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. The Alamo trolley tour stops just outside the hotel for easy access to the city’s main tourist attractions, including the 18th-century Spanish Governor’s Palace and the historic neighborhood of La Villita.
Rooms are spread across the historic and newer wings. All have a traditional feel with white walls and antique-style furniture. Older rooms -- although smaller -- are very much in demand, and many have Alamo views. Other room types overlook the Alamo Plaza, the pool and the courtyard, and some even have balconies (call ahead for special requests).
One of the hotel’s key draws, especially for history buffs, is the old-fashioned bar. It’s reputed to be a replica of the House of Lords Pub in London, complete with a carved bar and a wood-paneled ceiling. In contrast, the restaurant is done up in traditional Southern style, with painted columns, arched windows and formal seating, and serves traditional fare like roast lamb and rosemary chicken. A small fitness center and a business center are on site (extra charge applies)
- "The hotel's location is terrific -- between the Alamo and the Rivercenter Mall, a block from the River Walk" -- Frommer's
- "You'll be the envy of many an overheated tourist strolling immediately across the street from the entrance to the Alamo into the cool lobby and up to your room" -- Fodor's
- "Restored to its original Victorian glory, and one of its highlights is the three-story lobby, showcasing Corinthian columns, a leaded-glass skylight and many original furnishings" -- Gayot
- "For all its historic charm, however, the hotel boasts numerous modern comforts" -- Gayot
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
Room amenities Coffemaker
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
Bathroom Bathrobe available on request.
- Separate shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Accessibility Please call the hotel at 210-223-4361 to have your reservation noted for an accessible accommodation.
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. The minimum age to check-in is 21.
The minimum age to check-in is 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children up to age 17 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Child's cot/crib available free of charge (on request).
Extra bed available (on request) and in double bed rooms only; $20 per night.
Rates are based on double occupancy. The charge for the 3rd and 4th occupant in the room is $10 per person, per night, plus tax.
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request; one pet up to 40 pounds, and will be charged a non-refundable fee of $125 per stay. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
A Valet Parking Fee of $28 plus tax per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
This fee is subject to change and at the discretion of the hotel.
A minimum hold of $50 per day, placed on your credit/debit card, is required for incidental charges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£106 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates through Dec. 26
Getting ThereThe hotel is a 15-minute drive from San Antonio International Airport, and valet parking is available (extra charge applies).
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(5 Member Ratings)