£139 – Warwickshire retreat with meals & wine, 52% off
Save up to 52% on overnight stays at a country house hotel just outside Stratford-upon-Avon that has a library said to have been used by Shakespeare himself. At £139, this package from The Billesley Manor Hotel includes:
- Accommodation in a Standard Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- A bottle of wine on arrival (worth £23)
- A 3-course set-menu dinner (worth £29 per person) -- must be pre-booked by calling 01789 279955
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth £40)
- It's £219 for a 2-night stay (Sunday-Friday), with a bottle of wine, daily breakfast, dinner on the first night, late checkout and afternoon tea (worth £20 per person) on the second day -- dinner and afternoon tea must be pre-booked by calling 01789 279955
- Saturdays are an extra £30
- Superior Rooms are an extra £20 for the overnight stay or an extra £15 per night for the 2-night stay
Why We Love It
- This 17th-century manor is set in 11 acres of Warwickshire countryside and has a 100-year-old topiary garden
- The hotel boasts a library said to have been used by William Shakespeare
- There is an extensive health club with a gym, an indoor swimming pool, a sauna and a steam room
Steeped in history, this Elizabethan manor house boasts 11 acres of grounds incorporating a 100-year-old topiary garden, a fountain and an 11th-century church where William Shakespeare is said to have married Anne Hathaway.
The pretty town of Stratford-upon-Avon, where you'll find Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Mary Arden's Farm, is less than 10 minutes away by car. Warwick, known for its massive Norman castle, Charlecote Park, Tudor World and Ragley Hall (considered one of England's finest Palladian mansions) are all less than 20 minutes' drive away.
Facilities at the hotel include a health club with a gym, an indoor swimming pool, a sauna and a steam room, plus tennis courts, a yoga hut and beauty rooms. Alternatively, guests can relax in the library, which was reputedly visited by Shakespeare himself.
The hotel's Stuart Restaurant is split into two areas within the old manor house: an oak-panelled dining room and The Great Hall, which has a minstrels' gallery.
Rooms are split between the Manor House and the Cedar Barns (a short walk from the main building). Standard and Superior Rooms are mainly located in the Cedar Barns. All have traditional décor and views of the hotel grounds. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: There is no extra bed available.
Pets are allowed on request: £10 inclusive of tax, per night. Pets are allowed on request and in limited rooms.
Pets are allowed on request and in limited rooms.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£139 / night
When You Can Go
Mon-Fri until 30 Sep; +£30 Sat
Getting ThereThe nearest railway station is Stratford-upon-Avon, less than a 10-minute drive away. There are 150 free car parking spaces at the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(177 Member Ratings)