Embassy Suites Charleston - Historic Charleston
Why We Love It
- Stay in the original building of the Citadel Military College, complete with turrets and gun ports
- This hotel is loaded with extras, including free Wi-Fi, daily breakfast made to order and a nightly reception with drinks and snacks
- An outdoor seasonal pool and updated fitness center are available
"Large suites ... are the highlight" -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The Embassy Suites Charleston-Historic Charleston blends seamlessly with its historic surroundings, because it is an integral part of them. Housed in a building that was once the Citadel Military College, some rooms even have original gun ports.
This all-suite hotel is loaded with extras, including free Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas, daily complimentary made-to-order breakfast, and a reception every evening with drinks and snacks. The hotel's airy atrium offers a place to sit and relax, or take a dip in the outdoor pool (open seasonally).
The surrounding area is packed with history, and the building itself is designated as a national historic site. Wander two blocks to the visitors center to gather ideas for dining, shopping and exploring the city.
- "Handsome teak and mahogany furniture and sisal rugs in the common areas recall the British-colonial era" -- Fodor's
- "Adjacent to Marion Square, where guests can visit the Saturday morning farmer’s market, shop art sales and watch seasonal movies on the lawn" -- Gayot.com
- "The Historic Downtown location and the large suites -- complete with separate living rooms, wet bars, mini-fridges, and microwaves -- are the highlight" -- Oyster.com
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Roof terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Fees The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 1.08 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.