Fitzpatrick Grand Central
Why We Love It
- Not a cutting-edge style, but rather a traditional look with Irish accents that are welcoming and not showy
- Guests receive access to the nearby New York Sports Club for fitness activities and equipment
- With Grand Central Terminal across the street, the hotel draws business travelers darting into town for the neighboring office buildings
- The Chrysler Building is a block away and the United Nations is about three blocks east
"Warm, comfortable and personal feel" -- Gayot.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A popular pick for honeymooners from the UK who perhaps feel kinship to the hotel's Irish roots, the Fitzpatrick is also a good choice for business travelers on a quick trip into town. Trains arriving at Grand Central Terminal are right across the street from the hotel, and the avenues running north of here are lined with many corporate headquarters.
Guest rooms are not in a sleek contemporary style that many flashier hotels install, rather they are traditional and cozy with plush pillow-top beds, premium linens and heavy drapes. Guests receive access to a nearby fitness center at the New York Sports Club. The Irish theme continues to the on-site pub, the Wheeltapper, which draws after-work locals with its selection of brews and warm wood paneling.
One block away rises the Art Deco spire of the Chrysler Building, and to the east the neighborhood fills up with embassies before reaching the United Nations on the East River.
- "Midtown locations don't come much more central" -- BlackBook
- "An elegant hotel with charming service only steps away from Grand Central Terminal" -- DK Eyewitness
- "The property offers a warm, comfortable and personal feel" -- Gayot.com
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 11am Fees The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.