£142 – Chicago: Summer Stays at 4-Star Mag Mile Hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Reserve a stay rich in Chicago history -- this hotel once housed a Capone casino and a speakeasy (but now you can just order a martini in the lobby; it's much easier that way). Members save on trips through Labor Day, including discounts on food and drinks.
"The location is ideal: close to the lake, shopping, nightlife, restaurants, and more" -- Frommer's
- Stay through Sept. 7
- £142 per night ... most Sundays-Thursdays
- £189 per night ... most Fridays-Saturdays
- Bonus: Select dates are available for £95-£104
- Discounted rates available over Lollapalooza and the Air & Water Show as well as during the 4th of July and Labor Day weekends
- Stay in an upgraded Superior King or Superior Double room
- 25% discount on food and drinks
What You Need to Know
- 2-night minimum stay required on Saturdays
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort/facility fee of £12 plus tax per night; this fee includes Wi-Fi, business and fitness center access, in-room coffee and tea and seasonal coupons for city activities (based on availability)
- Valet parking is £55 plus tax per night
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Travelzoo Tip: We've also negotiated savings of nearly 40% on afternoon tea for two or drinks for two at the Millennium's Martini Bar.
Why We Love This Hotel
- Half a block from Michigan Avenue and a mile from Navy Pier
- The lobby ballroom maintains a splendid, jazz-age grandeur
- Find some shoreline in the Midwest: Oak Street Beach is about two blocks away
From lobby to penthouse, the Millennium Knickerbocker Chicago hotel is steeped in history. The lobby maintains its original 1927 opulence, with double-height ceilings, arched windows and wrought-iron balconies. Sneak a peek at the crystal ballroom, a splendid, barrel-vaulted hall dripping with gilding and crystal chandeliers. Another oak-paneled banquet hall on the 14th floor used to be a casino reputedly run by Al Capone's brother, and still has a secret escape stairwell to the street.
The rooms are clean, bright and contemporary, with smart TVs and coffee makers plus marble-tiled bathrooms with rainfall showers. Guests interested in the hotel's lurid history -- which includes a stint in the 1970s as Hugh Hefner's Playboy Towers -- can take one of the property's weekly tours. The in-lobby Martini Bar offers a 1920s-inspired cocktail menu with over 50 varieties of the namesake cocktail to choose from, plus a midday tea service.
The hotel is just around the corner from Michigan Avenue, which has some of the city's best shops, and Oak Street Beach is just a few blocks north. A view of Chicago's most iconic landmarks is steps away at 360 Chicago at the John Hancock Center, an observation deck with panoramic views of the skyline and Lake Michigan.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
Valet Parking is $65 per night + tax. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Prices are subject to change by the hotel.
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bed available upon request: US$25 plus tax, per night.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$10 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Valet service fee: US$69 plus tax per day.
A resort/facility fee of US$15 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£142 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(9 Member Ratings)