Tides Folly Beach
Why We Love This Hotel
- Folly Beach is a relaxed beach option, only 9 miles (20-minute drive) to Charleston
- Every room has a view of the beach and ocean and comes with a "Juliette" balcony
- The laid-back atmosphere of Folly Beach combined with spacious rooms makes this a good choice for leisure travellers
- The hotel is praised often for it's great service by reviewers on TripAdvisor
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for all guests
Tides Folly Beach Hotel is a solid option with two great advantages: it's quiet and clean. It can be the ideal getaway for travellers looking to relax, as Folly Beach is the only hotel in the area, making it feel like an exclusive, private island experience.
Each guest room is adjoined by a "Juliette" balcony, with enough room to stand and admire the view. The balconies face the expansive ocean and large sliding doors allow plenty of light. The on-site beach-side restaurant is a convenient choice accompanied by stunning views. The nearby area is also littered with dining options and shops. Most of the restaurants are made to order, so plan ahead when going out to eat.
The hotel's staff have some of the best suggestions and insider knowledge on the area, so try asking them for their two-cents before venturing out. The area is known for its pristine beaches and calm ocean waves but the waves are good enough for surfing. Water activities range from sunset cruises, dolphin watching, kayaking and even fishing expeditions. Check with the friendly locals or helpful staff to find out about seasonal events and shows.