£199—Celeb favourite: 2 nights & dining credit at Rye hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Whether you're a foodie, an art lover, or a budding historian, Rye is an excellent pick for a getaway. And with press plaudits galore and celebrities—such as George Clooney and Sir Ian McKellen—signing its guestbook, The George in Rye makes for a special Sussex retreat. A cosy 2-night stay with dinning credit at this former coaching inn is £199 for two people.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 21 March, 2024
- A 2-night stay for two people in a Classic Double room (room only)
- £50 dining credit per room on the first night (food only)
- It's an extra £45 per night for a Superior Double room or an extra £80 per night for a Luxury Double room
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted.
Why We Love This Hotel
- Dating back to 1575, the George in Rye sits in the heart of "possibly southeast England’s quaintest town" (Lonely Planet) and is surrounded by boutiques, art galleries, antique shops, cobbled streets, and restaurants that serve freshly caught seafood.
- Nearby attractions include Battle Abbey (built on the site of the Battle of Hastings), Bodiam Castle, Camber Castle, Camber Sands, and Lamb House, where writer Henry James lived.
- The property perfectly blends an abundance of historic character with stylish design. Its restaurant presents guests with a locavore menu, "heavy on Romney Marsh lamb and Rye Bay scallops that are so good they warrant their own annual festival" says Condé Nast Traveller.
- The hotel has welcomed a cast of celebrity guests, including George Clooney, Helena Bonham Carter, Matt Damon, Sir Ian McKellen, and Kevin Costner.
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory.
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Public car park (fees apply)
Some accessibility features may not be available in all rooms. Please coordinate with the hotel directly before you travel.
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
There is no lift, and rooms accessed by stairs.
The closest car park is the Cattle Market car park (off Rope Walk) which is a 3-minute walk from the hotel and is charged at £2.00 for 24 hours. For periods longer than 24 hours, please buy the relevant number of tickets at once and display all in the windscreen for the duration of the stay. Please note that this car park is unavailable overnight on Wednesday until 5pm on Thursdays as the weekly market takes place – but other public car parks in the town still operate.
up to 36% off
£100 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(26 Member Ratings)