Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Why We Love It
- Expansive white-sand beach
- Two championship 18-hole golf courses
- All rooms have private lanais with either ocean or mountain views
- Traditional luau experience and clam bake on the beach
"The grande dame of the Kohala Coast" -- Fodor's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Constructed in 1965 by wealthy businessman Laurance S. Rockefeller, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel was named one of the most lavish hotels in the world for its time. The wide semicircle where white-sand beach meets turquoise ocean, backed by mountains spurred the nature-lover to create a haven for others. Although it’s undergone updates and renovations since that time, the hotel continues to receive accolades including Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List in 2015.
The hotel boasts two championship golf courses, a spa and salon, tennis and fitness facilities and watersports. There’s a museum-quality collection of Asian and Pacific Rim art for those inclined to take a tour. Restaurant options include fine dining, poolside bites and a casual grill. Don’t miss the weekly clam bake or luau experience.
All rooms have private lanais with either ocean or mountain views and feature bright tropical colors in contemporary patterns and furniture.
- "The grande dame of the Kohala Coast has long been regarded as one of the state's premier vacation resort hotels" -- Fodor’s
- "The true pearls are sandy Kaunaoa Beach, where manta rays skim the north point, and the gracious staff members, many of whom know several generations of guests by nam" -- Frommer's
- Kids' club
- Games room
- Golf course (on-site)
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 80.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.