£253 – County Galway: 2-night castle stay with breakfast
With its rugged mountain ranges and sweeping bays, County Galway is a beautiful part of Ireland's west coast. Experience it for yourself with a getaway at Ballynahinch Castle, which Condé Nast Traveler describes as "something out of a fairy-tale book". This 2-night deal is £253, saving up to 27% on the usual price, and includes:
"A grand, romantic luxury hotel" -- Rough Guides
- Two nights' accommodation in a Classic or Classic Riverside room (subject to availability on booking), with daily full Irish breakfast, for two
- A complimentary upgrade to a Superior or a Luxury room (subject to availability on check-in)
- You can guarantee an upgrade to a Superior room for an extra £31 per stay or a Luxury room for an extra £53 per stay
Why We Love It
- This 18th-century castle is set in a 700-acre estate near the Connemara National Park
- Frommer's calls the property an "angler's paradise"
- You can hire a bike and explore 10 kilometres of trails on the estate
- The riverfront restaurant is recommended by Fodor's
Ballynahinch Castle is an 18th-century castle with a riverfront setting in wild Connemara. The 700-acre estate is an hour by car from Galway City, and 30 minutes from Connemara National Park and the Twelve Bens mountain range's "pewter-tinged quartzite peaks" (Lonely Planet). Kylemore Abbey and its Victorian walled garden are also a short drive, and it's an hour by car along the Wild Atlantic Way to Rossaveel harbour, where the ferries depart for the rugged Aran Islands in Galway Bay.
There's plenty to do on site. From early spring until the end of September, the estate has exclusive fishing rights on the Owenmore River. The casting piers and fishing huts are a short drive from the hotel and the fishery manager is available in the bar at 9:30am every morning to help you plan your day. Alternatively, guests can hike 10 kilometres of mapped trails on the estate or take a more leisurely guided tour of the grounds (supplements apply). Bicycles are free for guests to use and there is a secure lock-up for those bringing their own bicycles.
The hotel's Owenmore Restaurant is "the best for miles around", according to Fodor's, and has "enchanting" river views. The menu makes use of local produce and there's also a traditional pub on site, where an open fire burns in the winter and the food is hearty.
Bedrooms have a traditional country-manor feel, with thick bedspreads, floral curtains and antique-style furniture. Most of the standard rooms are in the historic main building, while higher-category rooms are situated in the two more modern wings and have river views. Wi-Fi and bottled water are free.
- "Outdoor activities are a big draw here" -- Fodor's
- "The setting is something out of a fairy-tale book" -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "An angler's paradise" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 27% off
£253 / night
When You Can Go
Sun-Thu 24 Feb-4 Apr
Getting ThereParking is free. Ireland West Airport Knock is less than two hours' drive away, while Shannon Airport is two and a half hours away.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(5 Member Ratings)