£169 & up – 'Iconic' Scottish Borders hotel w/meals & G&T
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
In the rolling Scottish Borders, the River Tweed gently babbles through Peebles. The Peebles Hydro has been part of this town since 1881 and to this day is an "iconic resort" able "to put a smile on everyone’s face" (The Scotsman). A stay this summer starts from £169 and includes a G&T on arrival, dinner for two, and breakfast.
- Valid for stays until 30 September, 2022. Sundays are £169; Mondays to Thursdays are £179; Fridays are £199; and Saturdays are £229
- An overnight stay for two people in a Guest Double or Twin room, with full English breakfast
- Upon arrival, measured bottles of 1881 gin, tonic, and garnishes for an in-room gin and tonic (worth £17.50)
- £35-per-person dinner credit to use on The Grill Room’s à la carte menu
- It’s £269 for a 2-night stay Sunday-Monday; £279 Monday-Thursday; and £324 for stays including Saturday. This includes accommodation for two in a Guest Double or Twin room, full English breakfast, perfect serve in-room gin and tonic, and £35-per-person dinner credit on the first night
- Extend your break by booking multiple nights back-to-back
- Not available on 19 July; 6 August; 3, 9-10 September, 2022
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
- Note: Entry restrictions may be in place for this destination, and services at the hotel may be disrupted due to the pandemic. Check advisories for the destination and hotel before making travel arrangements.
Why We Love This Hotel
- This deal includes a welcome G&T, with gin that's been distilled on site. The 1881 Gin Distillery is housed in the hotel and offers tours and experiences, during which you can try your hand at making your own bespoke blend of gin (pre-booking and supplements apply)
- In the late 19th century, visitors came to the Peebles Hydropathic Institute for its restorative water cures, and this is where the hotel takes its name from. Today, the Peebles Hydro offers a range of beauty treatments and spa therapies (pre-booking and supplements apply) and facilities include a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room
- The hotel is family friendly and has lots of activities on offer, such as archery, Segways, and mountain bikes (supplements apply)
- Dating back to 1107, Traquair is Scotland’s oldest inhabited house. It has played host to 27 Scottish Kings and Queens over the years, including Mary, Queen of Scots. The historic building is less than 15 minutes’ drive from Peebles Hydro
- Dawyck Botanic Garden is approximately 20 minutes’ drive from the hotel. Its 65 acres are home to some of Britain’s oldest and tallest trees and themed woodland trails
- Abbotsford, the visually striking home of Sir Walter Scott (the 19th-century novelist and poet who wrote Waverley, Ivanhoe, and "Lady of the Lake"), is 35 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- Melrose Abbey, the final resting place of the heart of Robert the Bruce, is a further 5-minute drive from Abbotsford
- Edinburgh is approximately 45 minutes’ drive from the hotel
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Tennis courts
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Express check-in / checkout
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: Up to one well-behaved dog can stay free for Travelzoo members. This must be pre-booked directly with the hotel. Pets are otherwise on request and are charged at 20 GBP per pet per day. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Additional details: Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
£169 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(15 Member Ratings)