£119-£209 – London: luxury aparthotel stay until December
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
The Gate offers a high-end aparthotel experience near London’s slick City and creative East End. Overnight bed-and-breakfast stays for two in 2022 range from £119-£209, with savings of up to 21% on direct rates. Tower Bridge, Brick Lane, and the Sky Garden are all less than 20 minutes’ stroll away, and Aldgate East Tube station is under two minutes’ walk from the hotel, making it a convenient gateway to all the capital has to offer.
- An overnight stay for two people in an Aldgate Studio, with breakfast
- Valid until 29 December, 2022. A minimum 2-night stay applies on Fridays and Saturdays
- £159… Sunday
- £169… Monday and Thursday
- £175… Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- £209… Saturday
- £119… Sunday
- £145… Monday and Thursday
- £149… Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- £165… Saturday
- It’s £10-£16 more per night to stay in a Skyline Studio. These rooms are on higher floors and have a city view
- It’s £40-£46 more per night to stay in a one-bedroom accessible apartment. These rooms are larger and have a separate living space
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
- PLEASE NOTE: The card used for purchase must be presented upon check-in to validate the relevant payment. If for any reason the same card cannot be presented, the hotel will proceed to charge the card presented upon check-in and will refund the card originally charged. At check-in, all guests are required to provide photo ID. A damage deposit of £150 will also be required at the time of check-in
- Note: Entry restrictions may be in place for this destination, and services at the hotel may be disrupted due to the pandemic. Check advisories for the destination and hotel before making travel arrangements.
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Gate is one of London’s best aparthotels, ranked #3 out of nearly 500 apartments on Tripadvisor
- The 5th-floor lounge has views of the city and features a bar and outdoor terrace
- All rooms contain kitchenettes with a fridge, an oven/microwave, and Nespresso machines
- The property runs a seasonal experience programme offering wine tasting, outdoor yoga classes, creative wellbeing workshops, and tea ceremonies
- Aldgate East Tube station is a 2-minute walk from the hotel’s front door. The station provides easy access to other parts of London via the District and Hammersmith & City lines
- Hop in a taxi and in less than 10 minutes be outside St Paul’s Cathedral, the Sky Garden, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, the Barbican Centre, the Museum of London, the Van Gogh Experience, or Brick Lane
- The hotel is part of a 21-storey Flatiron-style building in Whitechapel, adjacent to arty Shoreditch and the affluent City of London. These areas have inspired aspects of the hotel’s interior design. For example, street art curated by the Maddox Gallery hangs in the lounge with pieces from celebrated artists such as Banksy, Retna, and the Conor Brothers. This guest-only space has parquet floors, mid-century furniture, and exposed brass counter trim, creating a contemporary feel with a luxury finish
- Infant cots / cribs
- Fitness classes
- Roof terrace
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
One extra guest welcome in the One-Bedroom Accessible Apartment only.
Extra guest charges will apply as following:
Baby cot/crib available at no extra cost and on request for children aged 2 and under.
An older child or an adult can use the existing sofa bed: £99 per night.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age to the third guest.
Supplements are not included in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets: Pets are allowed at no extra cost and in the One-bedroom Accessible Apartments only. A deposit of £150 will be taken upon check-in to cover possible damages. Please contact the hotel directly to organise your stay with your pet.
Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Upon arrival, you will be required to present the same card used to confirm your booking in order to validate the relevant payment. If for any reason the same card is not present upon check-in, the hotel will proceed to charge the card presented upon check-in and will refund the card originally charged.
During check-in, all guests are required to provide a photo ID and a damage deposit of £150 of pre-authorisation will be required at the time of check-in.
Upon arrival, you will be required to present the same card used to confirm your booking in order to validate the relevant payment. If for any reason the same card is not present upon check-in, the hotel will proceed to charge the card presented upon check-in and will refund the card originally charged.
£119 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.