£129 & up – North Wales getaway with breakfast & dinner
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Admire picturesque views across the Ceiriog Valley from your base at the Mulberry Inn in Llwynmawr. Overnight stays on Sundays are now £129 and include dinner and breakfast until September, 2022 — midweek and weekend stays are also available. Book now to explore the spectacular countryside, rugged coastlines, and magnificent castles of North Wales.
- Valid Sundays until 30 September, 2022. Stay Monday-Thursday for £139, and Friday-Saturday for £149. There is a minimum 2-night stay Friday-Saturday
- Overnight accommodation for two people in a Cosy Double Room, with full English breakfast
- Dinner — choose between a 3-course set menu early bird dinner available from 6-6.30pm and a £25-per-person dinner allowance for the à la carte menu available from 6-8pm
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth £15)
- Stay for two or more nights and receive dinner and a glass of prosecco (worth £7 per person, per night) on each night
- It's £10 more to stay in a King Double Room — check the calendar for exact rates and availability
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted. Should you be unable to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions, you can amend your stay for dates until 1 December, 2022, subject to availability. Refer to the cancellation policy on the booking page for full details and restrictions
- Note: Entry restrictions may be in place for this destination, and services at the hotel may be disrupted due to the pandemic. Check advisories for the destination and hotel before making travel arrangements.
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Mulberry Inn has manicured gardens with views of the valley, an outdoor decking area with seating, and an 18th-century bar with a log fire and beamed ceilings
- The Norman town of Chirk is 10 minutes' drive away. Rough Guides recommends taking a 1.5-mile stroll from Chirk railway station along the Shropshire Union Canal and across the Chirk Aqueduct
- From the hotel, you can hike six miles along the picturesque Ceiriog Valley to Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, a charmingly remote village
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is 15 minutes' drive away, and "scenic" (Lonely Planet) Llangollen is 20 minutes' drive away
- Serene Lake Bala in Snowdonia National Park, which offers beautiful views, is less than 50 minutes' drive away
Getting there: To find the hotel, take the B4500 from Chirk through Pontfadog and on to Dolywern. At Dolywern, after you see the Leonard Cheshire Home, turn left for Llwynmawr. The Mulberry Inn is at the end of the village.
- Newspaper / magazines
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £8 per pet per day. Pets should be kept on a lead at all times around other guests and in any public areas.
Pets should be kept on a lead at all times around other guests and in any public areas.
Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details. Expect the bar to be open from 2.45pm to 11pm everyday.
The house bedding is duck down - if you'd prefer synthetic bedding, please contact the hotel well in advance and at least 48hrs ahead of your stay.
Food takeaways and deliveries are not permitted at the hotel and personal foods should not be eaten in public areas.
Dinner reservations can be made at check in and then again on a daily basis. Dinner is served 6pm till 8pm.
Most rooms are on the first floor reached by one staircase; help with bags is always available on request.
The doors are always locked by midnight; no late keys can be made available.
Expect the bar to be open from 2.45pm to 11pm everyday.
£129 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(57 Member Ratings)