£119 & up – Cosy North Wales inn with dinner & breakfast
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Tucked away in the peaceful Ceiriog Valley, The Mulberry Inn is a cosy and contemporary country retreat with easy access to the breadth of Wales’s incredible landscapes. Overnight stays this winter start from £119, including dinner for two, breakfast, and late checkout — extend your stay and you’ll receive a glass of prosecco on each night. There are also options for solo travellers too.
- Valid until 31 March 2023. Sundays are £119, Monday-Thursday is £129, and Friday-Saturday is £139. A 2-night minimum stay applies for Friday and Saturday arrivals
- An overnight stay for two people in a Cosy Double room, with full Welsh breakfast
- A choice between a 3-course set-menu dinner (available 6-6:30pm) or a £25-per-person dinner allowance for the à la carte menu (available from 6-8pm)
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth £15)
- Stay two nights or more and receive dinner and a glass of prosecco (worth £7 per person, per night) on each night
- It’s £10 more per night to stay in a King Double room
- Solo travellers can book a single room for £99, on any night of the week and with the same inclusions
- Not available on 2-18 January, 2023
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Mulberry Inn is in the small village of Llwynmawr* and surrounded by countryside. The hotel’s manicured gardens and outdoor decking have views of the valley and its Pheasant Bar, housed in the original 18th century part of the inn, features beamed ceilings and a roaring log fire
- Chirk Castle is less than 15 minutes’ drive away. One of several fortresses built on the Welsh-English border, this Medieval site is open to visitors through the National Trust and its extensive grounds within the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and 15 minutes' drive from the inn. Nicknamed the stream in the sky, this marvel of engineering can be crossed on foot or by narrow boat
- "Fabulous" (Rough Guides) Llangollen is a 20-minute drive from the hotel. The town is "great" for "ruins, rides and rambles": trek north for the remains of Castell Dinas Bran, float westward on a canal boat to Horseshoe Falls, or hop aboard a steam train and journey through the Dee Valley on the Llangollen Heritage Railway
- The boundaries of Snowdonia National Park and serene Laka Bala (Wales's largest natural lake, also known as Llyn Tegid) are approximately 45 minutes’ drive from the hotel
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory
* The best route to The Mulberry Inn is to avoid Llangollen and travel via Chirk which also avoids going over Welsh mountains; a sat nav may take you unnecessarily on these narrow roads so, the hotel instead suggests that Travelzoo members take the B4500 main road as far as Dolywern and then turn off to Llwynmawr
- Newspaper / magazines
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £8 per pet per day. Pets should be kept on a lead at all times around other guests and in any public areas.
Pets should be kept on a lead at all times around other guests and in any public areas.
The best route to The Mulberry Inn is to avoid Llangollen and travel via Chirk which also avoids going over Welsh mountains; a sat nav may take you unnecessarily on these narrow roads so, the hotel instead suggests that Travelzoo members take the B4500 main road as far as Dolywern and then turn off to Llwynmawr.
Expect the bar to be open from 2.45pm to 11pm everyday.
The house bedding is duck down - if you'd prefer synthetic bedding, please contact the hotel well in advance and at least 48hrs ahead of your stay.
Food takeaways and deliveries are not permitted at the hotel and personal foods should not be eaten in public areas.
Dinner reservations can be made at check in and then again on a daily basis. Dinner is served 6pm till 8pm.
Most rooms are on the first floor reached by one staircase; help with bags is always available on request.
The doors are always locked by midnight; no late keys can be made available.
up to 33% off
£119 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(138 Member Ratings)