£109 – 2-night Suffolk stay in a converted watermill
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
A 2-night stay at The Mill Hotel, a converted watermill in Sudbury, starts from £109 and saves up to 38% on the usual price until March, 2022. You'll be surrounded by a landscape of "pastoral hills" and "comely villages" (Lonely Planet) and will be ideally placed for relaxing walks through Suffolk's idyllic scenery.
- This deal is valid Sunday-Thursday until 31 March, 2022
- Accommodation in a Standard Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Stay in a Superior Double Room for £129, with daily breakfast
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted. Should you be unable to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions, you can amend your stay for dates within 12 months of your original booking date, subject to availability. Refer to the cancellation policy on the booking page for full details and restrictions
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Mill Hotel is a former watermill with a working water wheel
- The property is on the River Stroud and is surrounded by stunning scenery, including weeping willows along the river banks, lush green water meadows, and picturesque Suffolk countryside
- Ramblers will be in their element here — walk in the footsteps of artist Thomas Gainsborough by following the Gainsborough Trail
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre or hotel experience, and create a memory
The Mill Hotel in Sudbury is surrounded by the stunning Suffolk scenery. The property is nestled on the banks of the River Stroud and has many original features, including a working water wheel, and exposed beams and brickwork.
The restaurant serves modern British cuisine and offers a varied menu, including options for vegetarians and vegans alike.
Standard Double Rooms are located either in the Mill building itself, in the riverside wing, or in the cottage. Superior Double Rooms are in the main hotel and feature views over the water meadows or the mill pond.
The 18th-century artist Thomas Gainsborough captured many of Sudbury's picturesque landscapes — follow in his footsteps with the 3.5-mile Meadow Walk, part of the Gainsborough Trail, which features Sudbury's ancient water meadows. The walk begins in Sudbury town centre by the Kingfisher Leisure Centre.
You can also explore the 50.3-hectare Sudbury Common Lands, a local nature reserve, which is right outside the hotel, or hike the 5.5-mile National Trust Three Mills walk. This walk stretches from Long Melford to Sudbury and starts at National Trust-owned Melford Hall (a 10-minute drive away), and takes in Borley Mill, Brundon Mill, and Sudbury Mill.
Bury St Edmunds, Colchester, and the Dedham Vale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, made famous by the paintings of John Constable, are within 35 minutes' drive of the hotel
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £12 per pet per day. Some rooms only, please check with the hotel before booking.
Some rooms only, please check with the hotel before booking.
Additional details: Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Up to 38% off
£55 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(793 Member Ratings)