£75 – California's Danish Village: Charming Solvang Retreat
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Packed with European flair, thatched cottages and even windmills, a trip to Solvang feels like you've landed in a Scandinavian fairy tale. Sneak away to the Vinland Hotel, a contemporary hideaway tucked between Danish bakeries and shops, and unwind with discounted stays through April.
- Stay in a City View King or Two-Queen Room through April 28
- £75 per night ... Sundays-Thursdays
- Upgrade to a room with a balcony and views of the valley for +£10 per night
- Select weekends are also discounted
- Note: Entry restrictions may be in place for this destination, and services at the hotel may be disrupted due to the pandemic. Check advisories for the destination and hotel before making travel arrangements.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours prior to arrival
- Two-night minimum stay required on stays Feb. 21 - April 28
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 13 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Once settled by Danish immigrants, Solvang is Scandinavian from every angle, with thatched-roof shops peddling wooden shoes and cuckoo clocks; and half-timbered Danish Provincial buildings
- The beloved Olsen's Bakery, known for their authentic pastries, is just steps from the hotel — ideal for breakfast or an afternoon treat
- A dreamy stop on a California road trip, The Vinland is less than an hour from Santa Barbara and is known for its numerous local wineries and vineyards
Tucked among Danish bakeries and shops, you'll find the charming Vinland Hotel, a contemporary hideaway just steps from the most popular attractions in Solvang. Packed with European flair, thatched cottages and even windmills, a trip to Solvang feels like you've landed in a Scandinavian fairytale. In fact, the Hans Christian Andersen Museum, dedicated to the Danish author of many prolific children's stories such as "The Little Mermaid" and "The Ugly Duckling," is less than a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
Guest rooms are spacious and modern, and complimentary Wi-Fi and Malin + Goetz bath products. After a day of exploring, guests can cozy up by the fireplace in the lobby or enjoy a glass of local vino on the outdoor patio.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in / checkout
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 13 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: US$25 plus tax, per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$20 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request. A non-refundable cleaning fee of $50.00 USD plus tax, per pet per stay will be charged upon arrival.
Maximum of two pets per room.
A non-refundable cleaning fee of $50.00 USD plus tax, per pet per stay will be charged upon arrival.
Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
£75 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(81 Member Ratings)