£89 & up – Stratford-upon-Avon stay with afternoon tea
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Starting from less than £45 per person, you can stay at the boutique Burnside Hotel in the village of Shottery -- less than a mile from Stratford-upon-Avon. This deal, which includes afternoon tea, saves up to 53% on the usual price.
- Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Afternoon tea with a G&T or a glass of bubbly (worth £24.95 per person)
- It's £89 to stay on Sundays; £99 to stay Monday-Thursday; £119 to stay on Fridays; and £129 to stay on Saturdays
- Overnight stays in a Deluxe Double Room, with breakfast and £23 dining credit each to spend on any 2 courses from the à la carte menu*, are £109 on Sundays; £119 Monday-Friday; £129 on Fridays; and £139 on Saturdays
- Stay in an Executive King Room for an extra £20 per night, or a Grand Super King Room for an extra £40 per night
- Additional nights are available with the same inclusions
*Note: guests staying on Thursdays will receive a 3-course Tandoori menu with a glass of wine each (worth £17.95 per person)
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel occupies a 19th-century former manor residence
- Stratford-upon-Avon town centre is less than a mile away
- "A perfect location with great history to explore nearby" -- Britain's Finest
- Anne Hathaway's Cottage is around five minutes' walk away
Burnside Hotel is in Shottery -- a small town a mile west of Stratford-upon-Avon. The hotel occupies a 19th-century former manor residence, which has been fully renovated and is now a 21-room boutique hotel.
Shottery is famously the childhood home of Anne Hathaway, William Shakespeare's wife. The 15th-century cottage where she lived is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. The property's "perfect location" (Britain's Finest) is five minutes' drive or around 20 minutes' walk from the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon; the hotel runs a shuttle service, costing £5, each way. You can watch a play put on by the Royal Shakespeare Company at the Royal Shakespeare Theature or visit Shakespeare's Birthplace -- a 16th-century half-timbered house, now a museum. Every year the town celebrates Shakespeare's birthday on the closest weekend to 26 April.
The Burnside restaurant serves seasonal dishes prepared using local ingredients. The kitchen has its own tandoor oven, and serves a special Tandoori Night menu every Thursday. The hotel recommends booking in advance, as the restaurant is open daily to both the public and hotel guests.
All Double Deluxe Rooms come equipped with a 40-inch Samsung smart TV, luxury toiletries, and bathrobes and slippers. Higher-category room types benefit from extra space with handmade furniture, Burlington showers and kingsize beds with Egyptian cotton linen.
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10:30am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 53% off
£89 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.