Duane Street Hotel
Why We Love It
- Live like a wealthy local at this hotel in Tribeca, one of downtown New York's 'toniest' neighborhoods
- This is a neighborhood for star spotting -- many celebrities call these streets home, as do celebrity chef-run restaurants
- Spare, loft-like rooms, many with 11-foot-high ceilings come with free Wi-Fi
- "The Duane may well have the handsomest staff in Manhattan," claims Frommer's
"Rooms in this slim hotel [are] dashing" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Most visitors to New York may not first think of Tribeca as the neighborhood to stay in -- it's not Times Square, it's not Fifth Avenue -- but the savvy traveler knows that this downtown hood is rich with attractive lifestyle comforts and celebrity sightings. The Duane Street Hotel, tucked into a quiet street here, takes its cues from the neighboring multimillion-dollar lofts in its own cool, airy aesthetic.
The hotel isn't overdesigned; it's sleek and chic with cool gray tones and warm wood accents, tufted leather headboards and hardwood floors. Windows are unusually large -- thanks to the 11-foot-high ceilings in most rooms -- and bathrooms have marble accents. Guests access free Wi-Fi and complimentary copies of The New York Times.
Head a couple blocks west to West Broadway, Hudson Street or Greenwich Street. All three are lined with Michelin-starred restaurants and high-end design shops that help the moneyed locals kit out their fashionable apartments and wardrobes. The World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial are less than 10 blocks south.
- "In a city with a high tolerance for hype, the Duane Street Hotel stands out by doing the simple things well" -- Time Out
- "Simplicity is the operative word at this boutique hotel [where] the 45 rooms are decorated tastefully but sparsely" -- New York Magazine
- Gym / fitness center
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children welcome. Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request, free of charge. A pet waiver must be signed and guest is responsible for damages to the room.