£109 – Lake District Country-House Stay w/Meals, Save 56%
Escape to Scafell Hotel, a Cumbrian country house surrounded by the towering fells of the Borrowdale Valley. Overnight stays are now £109, up to 56% off the usual price, and include:
- Accommodation for two in a Standard Room, with full Cumbrian breakfast
- A 3-course dinner for two (worth £45 per person)
- It's £169 for 2-night stays (extra night B&B)
Why We Love It
- The AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant uses local produce and offers a selection of local Cumbrian cheeses
- The hotel holds VisitEngland Gold and Breakfast Awards, and is in a "peaceful location" (The AA) at the foot of the Great Gable and Scafell Massif mountains
- The landscape surrounding the hotel is described as "simply spellbinding" by Lonely Planet
- Derwentwater -- great for lake cruises and walks by the water's edge -- is a 10-minute drive away, and Ambleside Roman Fort is less than 50 minutes' drive away
Scafell Hotel is set in the tranquil valley of Borrowdale, among precipitous crags and secluded woodland. The hotel is less than 10 minutes' drive from Derwentwater, a popular hiking and fishing destination, and 15 minutes' drive from the market town of Keswick. Keswick Launch Company operates daily boat trips on Derwentwater from Keswick Landing Pier.
The Theatre By the Lake is less than 15 minutes' drive from the hotel and Castlerigg Stone Circle, thought to be 5000 years old, is 20 minutes' drive away. Lake District Wildlife Park is 30 minutes' drive away.
The AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant offers a fine-dining evening menu, Sunday lunches and hearty Cumbrian breakfasts made with locally sourced produce. There is also a Lounge Bar, which has a more casual setting, and The Riverside Bar, which serves snacks.
The 23 bedrooms feature designer bathrooms and antique furniture.
Click here to see our list of 101 Things to do in The Lake District.
- Infant cots / cribs
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 11am
Children and additional guests:
Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 2 or under. This does not include breakfast.
There are no extra beds available for older children or adults.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request: £6 per pet, per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£109 / night
When You Can Go
Until 30 Apr; +£20 Fri & Sat
Getting ThereThe nearest railway station is Penrith, 40 minutes' drive away (90 minutes by coach, via Keswick). The hotel is 35 minutes’ drive from the M6. Parking is free.
Have a Problem? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(188 Member reviews)