Why We Love It
- Beechwood Hotel is the top-ranked hotel in Norfolk on TripAdvisor
- The hotel has a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant that serves British fare
- Agatha Christie was a regular guest; her letters and photographs are displayed throughout
- Some bedrooms feature Georgian windows and free-standing Victorian baths
99% (162 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Beechwood Hotel is a country house in North Walsham, Norfolk. This Georgian property is the top-ranked hotel out of 168 properties in Norfolk on TripAdvisor, and was once a regular haunt of Agatha Christie's. Her letters and photographs are displayed around the hotel.
There is a variety of places to visit near the hotel. The Norfolk Broads are around 20 minutes' drive away, and the coastal towns of Sheringham and Cromer are also close by. You can wander along Cromer's large sandy beach for the chance to go crabbing, or potter around Sheringham's colourful beach huts, various tea rooms and independent cafés. Norwich, which Lonely Planet praises for its "magnificent cathedral", "impressive Norman castle" and "thriving markets", is around 30 minutes' drive away.
The hotel's 2-AA-Rosette restaurant serves a Ten-Mile Dinner, the ingredients for which are sourced within 10 miles of the hotel where possible, and include Cromer crab, Morston mussels and Sheringham lobster. There is also a lounge bar and a garden lounge.
Bedrooms are spread between two buildings. All feature large Georgian windows, and some have free-standing Victorian bathtubs and walk-in showers. Wi-Fi is free.
- "Beechwood is charming, an old-school hotel in a sleepy corner of England with a level of service that's hard to match" -- Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay
- "Near to a Heritage coastline, the Norfolk Broads and the cathedral city of Norwich, this is a great place for a short break" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2017
- Newspaper / magazines
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard check-in time: 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 10.30am.
Children and additional guests:
Infant cots/cribs are not available.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows: £25 per night for children aged 11 and under. This includes breakfast. Extra beds are on request and must be requested upon booking. There is no extra bed for older children or adults.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy levels.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(162 Member reviews)