£999pp – India: luxury 10-night guided tour with flights
Visit some of India's best-loved sights, such as the Taj Mahal and the Amber Fort
This 5-star group tour of northern India from Lumle Holidays takes in UNESCO World Heritage Sites, ancient forts, pilgrimage towns and deserted sandstone cities, all for less than £1000 per person.
- Return overnight flights
- Shared transfers throughout
- Two nights at The Suryaa New Delhi
- Two nights at The Gateway Hotel, Agra
- Two nights at the ITC Rajputana, Jaipur
- Two nights at the Ananta Spa & Resorts, Pushkar
- Two further nights at The Suryaa New Delhi
- Daily breakfast
- Excursions throughout, with entrance fees and the services of an English-speaking guide
Depart from London Heathrow on 3, 15 September, 2018; 17 June; 1, 8 July; 29 August, 2019.
It's £1099 per person to depart on 30 Aug; 8 October; 1 November; 3 December, 2018.
Fly from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Manchester for £1149 per person.
The tour begins in Delhi, where you'll discover both the old and new cities. You'll see Jama Masjid, one of Asia's largest mosques, the Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb. You'll also take a rickshaw ride around the colourful streets of Chandni Chowk.
From Delhi, you'll head to Agra to visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites -- the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort. After two nights in Agra, you'll drive to Jaipur, stopping off at the "magnificent" (Lonely Planet) Fatehpur Sikri, an ancient sandstone city that was the capital of the Mughal Empire, before it was abandoned in the late 16th century.
Once in Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan province, you'll visit the Amber Fort and the City Palace Museum, which is home to some impressive Rajasthani and Mughal art.
The penultimate stop is Pushkar, an important pilgrimage site with a holy lake at its centre. Lonely Planet describes the town as "enchantingly small and authentically mystic" -- it has over 400 temples, including one of the world's few temples to Brahma. Finally, you'll head back to Delhi for the last two nights and a full day at leisure.
- Add two 5-star nights in Ranthambore**, with transfers, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner and a shared safari, for an extra £299 per person
- Add five 5-star nights in Nepal** for an additional £549 per person, including flights
- Add three 5-star nights in Shimla and one additional night in Delhi** for an extra £549 per person, including transfers
- Solo travellers can book the deal for £1774
- Children under two years of age can travel for £500
Transfers & baggage
All transfers and a checked-luggage allowance of at least 20kg are included. All transfers are via air-conditioned car, apart from Amjer (near Pushkar) to Delhi, which is via air-conditioned train.
A tourist e-visa is required prior to departure and costs US$60 per person.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Lumle Holidays is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase; Travelzoo has no liability for such service. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.