£1799pp – 6-night Japan tour inc Tokyo, Mount Fuji & Kyoto
Take in Japan's futuristic skylines, hushed shrines, ancient temples and exquisite gardens
Explore Japan's magnificent capital city, take a tour of imposing Mount Fuji and learn ancient customs in Kyoto with this tour from Travelbag. Now £1799 per person, this exclusive deal includes a ride on Japan's world-famous bullet train, plus departure dates during the picture-perfect cherry blossom season.
- Outbound flight from the UK to Tokyo; return flight from Osaka
- Coach transfers throughout
- Three nights at the Shiba Park Hotel, Tokyo, in a Comfort Twin Room
- Shinkansen bullet train transfer to Kyoto
- Three nights at the Royal Park Hotel Kyoto Sanjo, in a Standard Room
- Daily breakfast and three lunches
- Excursions throughout, including all entrance fees
Fly from London Heathrow or Manchester on 21-23, 28-29 January; 7, 11, 13, 18-19, 21 February; 3-5 March; 3-6, 10-12, 17-19, 24-27 June; 1-3, 8-9 July; 2-5, 9-12 September, 2019.
Travel on 6-9, 13-16, 20-22, 27-30 May, 2019, for £1839 per person.
The holiday begins with a 3-night stay in Tokyo. The city is "a mega-metropolis of dizzying contradictions", with "cutting-edge architecture and futuristic technology" as well as "ancient shrines, plant-covered wooden houses" and "village-like lanes", says The Daily Telegraph.
You'll visit the top of the Eiffel Tower-inspired Tokyo Tower, Japan's second-tallest structure, after which you'll take in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. Next, you'll visit Sensoji Temple, the city's oldest Buddhist temple, before exploring Ginza, Tokyo's high-fashion shopping hub.
The next day, you'll take a tour of Mount Fuji, one of Japan's most iconic sights -- you'll travel up to the mountain's fifth station for stunning views and will then take a cruise on peaceful Lake Ashi, followed by a journey across the Komagatake Ropeway.
You'll then ride the Shinkansen bullet train to Kyoto, where you'll stay for three nights. The former imperial capital, Kyoto is home to "atmospheric temples, sublime gardens, traditional teahouses and geisha scurrying to secret liaisons" (Lonely Planet).
On day five, you'll take a tour of Nijo Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site which once housed the Tokugawa era shoguns. You'll also stroll through the grounds of the Kyoto Imperial Palace, visit an ancient shrine and see the Sanjusangendo Temple, which dates from 1164.
You'll have the last two days of your holiday to yourself ahead of your evening flight home -- why not rent a bike and cycle through the city, explore Gion, the geisha quarter, or sample traditional Kyoto cuisine such as yudofu (tofu cooked in hot broth) or mochi (sticky rice cakes)?
- Add a day tour to Nara from Kyoto for an extra £69 per person
- Stay an additional night in Tokyo, with breakfast, for an extra £79 per person
- Add a 3-night stay at the 4-star Miramar Singapore, with a free upgrade from a Deluxe Room to a Premier Room, with daily breakfast, for an extra £145 per person
- Add a Singapore city tour for an extra £20 per person
- Add a 2-night stay at the 4-star Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka, in a Superior Room, with daily breakfast, for an extra £159 per person
Transfers & baggage
This deal includes both.
ABTA and ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Travelbag is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.