£1799pp – 12-day Mekong cruise & Phu Quoc island holiday w/flights
Sail the mighty Mekong River aboard a luxury ship and relax under swaying palms on a tropical island
Embark on a small-ship cruise spanning two countries to experience the sights and sounds of the Mekong River in Cambodia and Vietnam. For £1799 per person, this exclusive deal from Wendy Wu Tours also includes a week-long beach holiday on a quaint island off the mainstream tourist path.
- Outbound flight to Phnom Penh and return flight from Phu Quoc
- One-way flight from Can Tho to Phu Quoc
- Airport transfers and transportation during the cruise excursions
- A 4-night cruise aboard the Victoria Mekong, downstream from Phnom Penh to Can Tho with all meals, soft beverages and local beer during the day, unlimited house wine by the glass for all meals, and onboard entertainment
- Guided excursions during the cruise, such as a visit to clay potters and local rice cake makers in Vam Nao, a tour of the floating market and a museum in Long Xuyen, and a tour of Tan Loc island visiting a plum farm and wine producer
- Seven nights at the Mango Bay Resort, with daily breakfast
Fly from London Heathrow on 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 May; 30 August; 6, 13, 20 September, 2020
Departures are also available for the following prices:
- From £2099 per person… 27 September; 4, 11, 18, 25 October; 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 November
- From £2199 per person… 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 March
- From £2299 per person… 19, 26 July; 2, 9 August
- From £2349 per person… 23 February
Following an overnight flight to the Cambodian capital, Phom Penh, you'll take a private transfer from the airport to the quay, where you'll be welcomed aboard Victoria Mekong.
The vessel has 35 cabins -- all with balconies --, a restaurant and bar, a spa, a library and a games room, plus an outdoor deck with an infinity pool. After you've settled into your cabin, you can see an Apsara dance performance over a sundowner before dinner.
As you cruise downstream ove the next few days, you'll take part in onboard activities such as cocktail-making lessons, cultural lectures and folklore performances. You can also step ashore with an expert guide and visit traditional villages, a floating market and a farm where you can taste locally produced plum wine.
On day five you'll fly to Phu Quoc island, which according to The Daily Telegraph is "one of south-east Asia's best-kept secrets" with "ice cream-soft sand beaches". You'll spend a week on the west coast, at Mango Bay Resort, set in lush tropical gardens.
The resort's restaurant serves Asian and international cuisine, while the Beach Bar has an outdoor terrace where you can watch the sun set with a drink in hand. The spa offers soothing massages (for a supplement), and you can join yoga and tai chi group sessions, or a beach volleyball game. Snorkelling on the pristine reef, paddle boarding, canoeing, kayaking, fishing trips and bicycle rental can also be arranged (additional fees apply).
Rooms are in bungalows and come with a furnished terrace and open-air bathrooms. Wi-Fi is free throughout.
Solo travellers can book this deal from £2634.
Transfers & baggage
All transportation is included, as is a checked-baggage allowance of 20kg.
ABTA and ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Wendy Wu Tours is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.