£1399pp – Thailand, Vietnam & Cambodia: 14-nt private tour
Highlights include the River Kwai, the Angkor Wat temple complex and Halong Bay
Southeast Asia is a region of "lush landscapes, urban jungles, blissful beaches, brooding volcanoes, ancient temples, modernist architecture [and] creative cuisine", says Lonely Planet. For £1399 per person, this exclusive private tour from Citrus Holidays takes you to the top sights of three countries.
- All flights
- All private transport, except where stated, and English-speaking guides for the transfers and tours
- Three nights at the Vince Hotel, Bangkok
- Three nights at the Silk D'Angkor Boutique Hotel, Siem Reap
- A shared coach journey from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- One night at the Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel, Phnom Penh
- A shared coach journey from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City
- Two nights at the Millennium Boutique Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
- One night at the May De Ville Old Quarter Hotel, Hanoi
- Overnight Halong Bay cruise with a cookery demonstration and a bottle of wine, per room
- Three further nights at the May De Ville Old Quarter Hotel, Hanoi
- A free foot massage at SF Spa
- Daily breakfast
- Daily guided excursions
Depart from London Gatwick or Heathrow on:
- 4, 11, 14, 18, 25 September
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 26, 30 October
- 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30 November
- 4, 7 December, 2019
- 8, 11, 15 January
- 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, 29 February
- 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25 March
- 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30 May
- 3, 6, 10, 13 June, 2020
Additional travel dates in August, 2019, and April, 2020, are available from £1499 per person.
Fly from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle from £1498 per person, or from Dublin from £1598 per person.
You'll start your trip with three nights in Bangkok, where you'll have a guided tour of the Grand Palace and visit the Emerald Buddha in Wat Phra Kaew. You'll also take a ride on the "Death Railway", which connects Thailand with Myanmar, and crosses the River Kwai. A Thai lunch is included.
Next, you'll fly to Siem Reap in Cambodia. You'll have a traditional Khmer dinner on arrival, and the following day you'll visit "the single most amazing sight in the world" (Lonely Planet), Angkor Wat, a temple complex dating from the 12th century. You'll then take a coach to Cambodia's capital city, Phnom Penh, where you'll stay in a hotel with a rooftop pool.
You will then head to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, where you'll get a guided city tour, as well as a tour of the Cu Chi Tunnels, a vast network of underground passages used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
Next you'll fly to Hanoi and stay the night, before taking an overnight cruise on Halong Bay, with all meals and a bottle of wine included. During the cruise, you'll visit some of the bay's caves and have a chance to fish, and there will also be a party on the deck at sunset.
After disembarking, you'll spend a further three nights in Hanoi, during which time you'll take a guided walking tour and see a traditional water-puppet show.
- Add three nights in Hoi An at the Little Hoi An Beach Resort, with additional flights, private transfers, an excursion to Bana Hills and a 60-minute massage, from an extra £299 per person
- A 13-night version of this trip is available for solo travellers on select dates for £1499, including shared transport, private accommodation and a Halong Bay day cruise
Transfers & luggage
All private transfers and a 20kg checked-luggage allowance are included.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Citrus Holidays is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com