£1299pp – Sri Lanka: private tour & beach escape, w/flights
This lush and varied island has "seduced travellers for centuries", according to Rough Guides
Save 43% on the regular price of this private tour of Sri Lanka -- a land of misty mountain plantations, palm-fringed beaches and diverse wildlife, including elephants and turtles. This 9-night trip from Citrus Holidays is now £1299 per person.
- Return flights
- All transfers by private chauffeured air-conditioned car (Wi-Fi enabled)
- Three nights at Kassapa Lions Rock, Sigiriya
- Two nights at Topaz Hotel, Kandy
- Train between Nanu Oya and Nuwara Eliya
- One night at Jetwing St Andrew's, Nuwara Eliya
- Three nights at The Beach Cabanas Retreat & Spa, Koggala
- Daily breakfast and dinner, plus two lunches
- 60-minute body massage and candlelit dinner in Koggala
- All excursions led by an English-speaking guide and entrance fees
Fly from London (Gatwick or Heathrow) on the following dates:
- 13, 24, 31 October
- 7, 14, 17, 24 November
- 1, 5 December
- 30 January
- 9 February
- 9, 16, 20, 27 March
- 13 April
- 4, 11, 15, 25 May
- 15 June
- 3 July
- 4, 7, 18 September
Depart from Birmingham, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Newcastle for £1398 per person.
The trip starts near Dambulla, where you'll see the Dambulla Cave Temple and the famous Lion Rock, Sigiriya -- a ruined citadel atop a huge column of rock**, which originally contained a gateway in the shape of a lion. You'll also experience a private jeep safari in Minneriya National Park.
Next, you will stop at the Golden Temple of Dambulla and the Matale spice gardens, where you will sample homeopathic remedies, have lunch, get a head-and-shoulder massage, see a cooking demonstration and learn how spices are cultivated. Once in Kandy -- the "undisputed cultural capital of the island" (Rough Guides) -- you will visit the Temple of the Tooth, Sri Lanka's most important Buddhist shrine, and see a dance show in the evening.
The following day, you'll take a heritage train to Nuwara Eliya, nicknamed "Little England" for its toy-town feel, red postboxes and rose gardens, en route to a tea factory for a tasting.
You'll spend the final three nights relaxing in Koggala. The Beach Cabanas Retreat & Spa is set on a long stretch of golden-sand beach surrounded by coconut palms, and has an outdoor pool and a spa. You'll stay in a beach-side cottage. This area is one of the most important breeding sites for endangered turtles, and you'll have the chance to see loggerhead and leatherback hatchlings at Bentota's turtle sanctuary.
- Solo travellers can get this offer for £1399, including shared transport and private accommodation
- Add a 1-night Yala National Park extension for £139 per person, including overnight accommodation at the Tamarind Tree Hotel, breakfast and dinner, a private game drive and all transfers
- Add a private India Golden Triangle tour, including flights, transfers and excursions, from £599 per person
Transfers & baggage
Private transfers and 20kg checked luggage are included.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Citrus Holidays is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.