Sold out(September 20, 2018) A new deal from this source was published on September 05, 2018. See new deal
£1199pp – Sri Lanka: 12-nt guided tour w/safari & flights
Ancient temples, wildlife safaris and a catamaran journey -- this tour includes plenty of excursions
Sri Lanka is smaller than Ireland but packs in an impressive eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites. This £1199-per-person small-group** tour from Lumle Holidays visits six of them and includes return flights and 12 nights' accommodation, plus guided transfers and tours throughout.
- Return flights
- Three nights at the Camellia Resort and Spa, Sigiriya
- Two nights at the Hotel Thilanka, Kandy
- Two nights at The Hill Club, Nuwara Eliya
- One night at Kalu's Hideaway, Udawalawe
- One night at Hotel Tamarind Tree, Tissamaharama
- Three nights at Coral Rock by Bansei, Hikkaduwa
- Daily breakfast
- Shared group transfers throughout**, in an air-conditioned vehicle, with entrance fees
Depart from London Heathrow on the following dates:
- £1199 per person... 8 October, 2018
- £1399 per person... 6, 20 May; 3, 17 June; 1, 8 July; 29 August; 9, 16 September; 7 October, 2019
- £1499 per person... 5, 19 November, 2018; 30 April, 2019
- £1599 per person... 22 October; 3 December, 2018; 14, 21 January; 4, 18 February; 1, 11 March; 21 October; 4, 18 November; 1, 6 December, 2019
Fly from Birmingham, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Manchester from £1499 per person.
Start your journey with three nights in Sigiriya, home to one of the country's most spellbinding sights -- a fortress that was carved out of a rock around 5000 years ago. You'll get a guided tour of this on your first full day, as well as of the traditional Sri Lankan village, including a catamaran ride across Hiriwadunna lake and lunch in a local home.
Over the next two days you'll get guided tours of the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and Dambulla Cave Temple, plus a jeep safari tour in Minneriya National Park -- known for its herds of free-ranging elephants. Next you'll head through the central agricultural province, stopping at a spice plantation, en route to Kandy.
While in Kandy, you will visit the Temple of the Tooth, Sri Lanka's most important Buddhist shrine, and see a cultural dance show in the evening. You'll then take a heritage train to Nuwara Eliya, nicknamed "Little England" for its toytown feel, red postboxes and rose gardens, en route to a tea factory.
Next, head to Udawalawe National Park for an evening safari and an overnight stay before travelling to Tissamaharama for a night. From here, you'll take a safari tour of Yala National Park, where "you're virtually certain to encounter elephants, crocodiles, buffaloes and monkeys", says Lonely Planet.
Your final three nights will be at the beach resort of Hikkaduwa. En route you'll visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Galle Fort, which was built by the Portuguese in the 16th century and then fortified by the Dutch in the 17th century. You'll then depart from Colombo for your return flight.
- Book the package with daily dinner included for an extra £169 per person
- Solo travellers can book the package from £2114
- Add five nights in Nepal*** for an additional £499 per person, including flights
- Add a 6-night tour of India's Golden Triangle***, with flights, for an extra £499 per person
- Add five nights in Bhutan and one night in Kathmandu***, with flights, for an extra £1999 per person
Transfers & baggage
All transfers and a 23kg checked-luggage allowance are included.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Lumle Holidays is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.
When You Can Go
8 Oct, 2018; +£100 6, 20 May; 3, 17 Jun, 2019
How to Book
Call Lumle Holidays on 020 3006 2722.