£1199pp – India: private 10-nt Kerala tour w/flts & meals
A private tour is a brilliant way to immerse yourself in the culture of India's beautiful deep south
Get chauffeured around laid-back Kerala on this 10-night tour of the southern Indian state, known for its coconut-palm-studded coastline and lush green interior. At £1199 per person, this exclusive package from Citrus Holidays includes a visit to a wildlife sanctuary, a boat trip down sleepy backwaters and plenty of time on Poovar's golden-sand beaches.
- Return flights
- Private transfers with an English-speaking chauffeur in an air-conditioned car
- Two nights at Casino Hotel by CGH Earth, Kochi, in a Superior Room
- Two nights at Tea Harvester in Munnar, in a Superior Tea Plantation View room
- Two nights at Pepper County Home Stay, Thekkady, in a Heritage Plantation Bungalow
- An overnight stay on an air-conditioned houseboat in Alleppey, with all meals and a bottle of wine
- Three nights at Isola Di Cocco Beach Resort in Poovar, in a Superior Room
- A 60-minute full-body Ayurvedic massage
- Excursions throughout, with all entry fees and camera charges
- Daily breakfast and dinner, plus lunch during selected excursions
Depart from London (Gatwick or Heathrow) on select dates 16 March-20 June; 5 September-25 November, 2020. Fly on select dates February; December, 2020; January, 2021, from £1299 per person.
Fly from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or Newcastle from £1298 per person, or from Dublin from £1398 per person.
The tour starts in Kochi, one the oldest ports in India and known for its blend of Chinese, European and Indian cultures. Crumbling spice warehouses line its narrow streets, spider-like Chinese fishing nets loom over the shoreline and bustling markets display curiosities from centuries past. You'll be taken on a guided tour of the city in an air-conditioned vehicle, then have a traditional Keralan cooking lesson from a local TV personality.
On day three, you'll drive to Munnar, the largest tea-growing region in southern India. You'll call at a traditional tea plantation, cloaked in low-hanging clouds in the foothills of the Western Ghats, where you'll have a tea-tasting session before departing for the town centre for a 2-night stay.
You'll then continue to the hills of Idukki, where you'll spend two nights with a local family in a homestay. This leg includes a wildlife-spotting boat cruise in the Periyar Tiger Reserve, as well as traditional Kathakali dance and martial arts performances.
Next, you'll have two days aboard a traditional houseboat to discover the region's glistening backwaters. Locally called a kettuvallam and held together entirely by coconut ropes, these vessels give a real insight into Keralan life.
The trip finishes with a 3-night stay in Poovar, a fishing village with pristine beaches. Isola Di Cocco is a quiet resort set in a riverside coconut grove that is protected from the Arabian Sea by a golden sandbar. There's a shuttle service by boat to the beach throughout the day, as well as an outdoor pool with lagoon views, a spa and a restaurant.
- Solo travellers can book the tour from £1298, with group transfers and private accommodation throughout, on select dates during the travel window
- Add a 5-night private tour of India's Golden Triangle (Delhi, Jaipur and Agra), with flights and daily breakfast, from an extra £499 per person
Transfers & baggage
Private chauffeured transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle are included throughout. There is a checked-baggage allowance of 20kg per person.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Citrus Holidays is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.