£1499pp – Peru: 13-nt tour w/Machu Picchu & Andes train
Culinary delights, untouched nature, rich heritage and the majestic Machu Picchu in one trip
Visit Lima, the "ever-changing, ever-exciting culinary capital" (Anthony Bourdain) and indulge in its fresh ceviche, fiery ajís and refreshing pisco sours; marvel at the wildlife of the Ballestas Islands; take a train through the Sacred Valley, discover Cusco's rich colonial heritage, and awe at the glorious Machu Picchu. This exclusive 13-night tour from Exoticca is £1499 per person, including excursions and transfers.
- Return flights from the UK
- Two nights at the Allpa Hotel & Suites, Lima
- Lima city tour
- One night at the Radisson Resort Paracas
- Excursion to the Ballestas Islands
- One night at the Casa Andina Standard, Nazca
- Two nights at the Casa Andina Standard, Arequipa
- One night at the Casa Andina Standard Colca, Chivay
- Cruz del Condor tour to see the giant Andean condors
- Two nights at the Hacienda Puno
- Tour of Raqchi archeological site
- Four nights at the Inkarri Cusco
- Sacred Valley train journey
- Full-day tour of Machu Picchu
- City tour of Cusco and its historic city centre
- Daily breakfast
- One lunch in Cusco and one dinner in Colca as per itinerary
- All entry fees and tours with an English-speaking guide as indicated in the itinerary
- All transfers throughout
Update (5:30pm, 16 September): Flight prices have increased since this deal was published -- new prices are as follows:
- £1549 per person -- London Heathrow, Birmingham or Manchester on 28 January; 3 February; or 9 March, 2020
- £1599 per person -- Edinburgh or Glasgow on select dates
- Newcastle departures have sold out at the lead price
- £1649 per person -- Bristol or Cardiff on select dates
Depart from London Heathrow, Birmingham or Manchester on 28 January; 3 February; or 9 March, 2020.
Fly from Edinburgh or Newcastle from £1549 on 28 January; 3 February; or 9 March, 2020.
You can also fly from Bristol, Cardiff or Glasgow on select dates from £1599 per person.
- Lima... admire the colonial architecture, overindulge in its world-class cuisine and learn its history with a guided tour including the colonial historic centre, a visit to the Chocolate Museum and Santo Domingo Convent
- Ballestas Islands… located in the Paracas Natural Reserve, with a display of diverse wildlife and spectacular landscape that draws comparisons to the Galapagos. Explore its peaceful natural settings and spot Humboldt penguins, sea lions and migrating flocks of birds
- Arequipa… famous for its historic city centre with buildings of white volcanic stone, Arequipa is also a strong contender to Lima's "culinary capital" title, with its "regional dishes … as distinctive as its buildings" (Condé Nast Traveller)
- Colca Canyon… explore "what is considered for many a highlight of their trip" (Lonely Planet) for its striking natural scenery of mountains, condor nests and neighbouring river
- Lake Titicaca... "the birthplace of the Incas" (Lonely Planet), the largest lake in South America straddles the Peru-Bolivia border
- Cusco... considered Peru's "jewel of the crown" by Condé Nast Traveller. Discover the former capital of the Inca Empire and get charmed in its cobblestone streets and colonial heritage with a guided tour
- Sacred Valley... jump aboard a scenic train journey** with fantastic views of the Andes and picturesque local villages to Aguas Calientes, from where you will ascend to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu**... hidden between the mist and the peaceful Andean peaks is the Lost City of the Incas. You will learn about its fascinating history and still unresolved archaeological mysteries with a full-day guided tour
Transfers & baggage
Shared transfers are included throughout. Checked luggage may not be included on all flights. If it is not, supplements start from £50 per bag per flight. We recommend asking for confirmed fees with Exoticca at time of booking.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Exoticca is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.