£619pp – Lake District: 4-night tour w/meals & deluxe hotel
This jam-packed break includes cruises on the lakes, steam train rides, and guided tours
Why We Love This Deal
There’s so much to see and do in the Lake District that it’s hard to know where to start. This exclusive package from Tripse sorts everything for you, though: you’ll be based in a deluxe spa hotel with meals at its AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant, and get guided excursions each day you’re there to see the best of the area.
- Four nights at the 4-star North Lakes Hotel & Spa, in Penrith
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- Daily excursions, as detailed below, with coach transfers throughout
Check in on 8 May; 6 June; or 4 September.
You can also check-in on 2 October from the slightly cheaper price of £589 per person.
See Tripse’s website for more information and all options, or call 0330 9121 355 to book.
- Day 1… check in to the hotel and spend your first afternoon relaxing by the pool, having a drink at the bar, or taking a walk around the local countryside before dinner
- Day 2… hop on the coach and visit Hutton-in-the-Forest for a guided tour of the 17th-century Grade-I listed country house and impressive gardens. Next, you’ll stop off in Keswick so you can explore the pretty market town or have a bite to eat, before heading to the shores of Derwentwater for an afternoon cruise
- Day 3… after breakfast you’ll take a steamboat ride on England’s largest lake, Windermere. The boat will stop off at Bowness where you can have lunch or explore the town’s independent shops, then continue to cruise to Grasmere. Here, you’ll visit William Wordsworth’s first home in the area, Dove Cottage, and the attached Wordsworth Museum
- Day 4… head to Holker Hall and Gardens today, where you’ll have a guided tour of the vast 17,000 acre estate, before continuing to Haverthwaite for a roundtrip steam train journey on the historic Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway which was constructed in the 1850s
- Day 5… enjoy a leisurely breakfast, and perhaps a final dip in the pool, before checking out
The North Lakes Hotel & Spa "has the feel of a smart ski lodge, with a crackling fire and exposed wood beams", according to The Daily Telegraph, which gave it an 8/10 rating. The AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant, where you’ll have dinner each evening, serves seasonal and local produce; and the cosy bar has a log fire and serves homemade cakes and pastries. There’s also a spa area with a pool, a whirlpool, and a steam room. The hotel is around a 15-minute stroll into Penrith town centre and Lowther Castle & Gardens Trust, a dramatically ruined country house with 130 acres of gardens, is approximately 15 minutes' drive away.
Solo travellers can book this offer from £779.
Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Tripse is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.