£1099pp – Cambodia & Vietnam: 12-nt tour w/cruise & flts
An itinerary spanning two countries, with ancient temples, emerald seascapes and floating villages
Angkor Wat, "the single most amazing sight in the world" (Lonely Planet), Halong Bay's emerald waters and the buzzing foodie capital Hanoi -- this £1099-per-person deal from Lumle Holiday takes you to all of them. The package includes 12 nights' accommodation, guided tours and small-group travel throughout**.
- Outbound flight to Siem Reap and return flight from Hanoi
- Shared group transfers throughout, in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Three nights at Silk D'Angkor Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap
- A full-day guided tour of Siem Reap and the Angkor Wat temple complex
- A coach transfer from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- Two nights at V Hotel Phnom Penh in Phnom Penh
- Three nights at Avanti Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- A full-day guided river tour of the Mekong Delta
- Connecting flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi
- One night at Angel Palace Hotel in Hanoi
- An overnight Halong Bay cruise, with all meals and an onboard Vietnamese cookery class
- Two further nights at Angel Palace Hotel in Hanoi
- An hour-long traditional water-puppet show
- Daily breakfast throughout
- All entrance fees
Depart from London Heathrow on 17 February; 9 March; 1, 15, 29 June; 7, 14 September; 5, 19 October, 2020.
Fly on select dates November, 2019-January; May; July; November-December, 2020, from £1199 per person.
You'll begin your holiday with three nights in Siem Reap, described by Lonely Planet as "a gateway to an ancient world". It is home to the largest religious monument in the world -- the near-thousand-year-old Angkor Wat temple complex -- which you will be able to explore thoroughly on the second day.
On the fifth day, you will travel to Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh, where you'll have two nights to discover this exotic city of "glimmering spires" and "fluttering saffron robes" (Lonely Planet).
Next, you'll take an air-conditioned tourist coach to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, where you will spend a further three nights. On your first full day, you will be transferred to the Mekong Delta to explore Vietnam's largest rice bowl by riverboat, stopping off at Unicorn Island to sample orchard fruits and see local farmers at work.
Following a night in Hanoi, you will embark on an overnight cruise to take in Halong Bay's limestone pillars, emerald-green waters and forested boulders. Onboard activities include tai chi and cookery classes, and there will be plenty of free time for wild swimming. A seafood lunch is included.
You'll then return to Hanoi, where you'll spend two nights and have the opportunity to watch a traditional water-puppet show before being transferred to the airport for your return flight.
Transfers & baggage
All transportation is included, as is a checked-baggage allowance of 20kg.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Lumle Holidays is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.