£41pp – Annual entry to 300+ historic UK homes & gardens
Explore UK castles, palaces, and stately homes for free with your Historic Houses membership
Delve deeper into the history and heritage of the UK with a membership to Historic Houses, and get access to around 300 homes and gardens across the UK. Using promo code TZ2020, Travelzoo members can now save £7 on the regular price of any membership, meaning you can get a joint membership for £82 (£41 per person) or one adult membership for £49.
- Annual membership card to Historic Houses, which includes free access to around 300 historic houses and gardens across the UK
- Exclusive member-only tours and priority booking for select private tours
- A Historic House magazine, sent quarterly, and a Historic Houses handbook
- Visit the website and sort by "Free to members" to see which ones you can visit for free, options include Sandringham, Balmoral, and Highclere Castle
Purchase your membership before 13 December, 2020. Memberships last one year from date of purchase.
About the venues
Historic Houses offers its members the opportunity to discover privately owned houses and their art collections, architecture, and gardens. Many of these homes and estates are lived-in family homes, and their residents are often able to trace their lineage there back hundreds of years.
There are around 300 properties you can to visit for free with a Historic Houses membership. You could take a trip to Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, which dates back to the Norman period. Head south to Highclere Castle in Hampshire, the main filming location for "Downton Abbey", or discover Penshurst Place in Kent, one of the oldest family-owned estates in England. Travel to the Midlands to visit Eastnor Castle in Herefordshire, set in a vast deer park and filled with armour and tapestries, or the 950-year-old Rockingham Castle in Leicestershire. Balmoral, the Scottish home of the Royal Family, offers guided tours, and Sandringham, Queen Elizabeth's official Christmas base, allows admission to the house and gardens.
During the current lockdown, a number of Historic Houses parks and gardens will remain open for you to enjoy and escape from the home.
How to Book
Book online with Historic Houses
- Click "Join Us"
- Select your membership option(s)
- Enter the code TZ2020 in the "Add discount code" box and click apply
- Continue to step two and enter your details
- Proceed to checkout