£229—Northern Lights night flight experience
Experience this once-in-a-lifetime night flight to see the Northern Lights
Why We Love This Deal
Tick seeing the Northern Lights off your bucket list with this value-packed offer from Omega Breaks. For £229 per person, Travelzoo members can experience the natural wonder from the air with this unique night flight excursion. The experience includes a pre-flight presentation and an in-flight commentary from expert astronomers, and views of the Northern Lights, Orion's Belt, the Milky Way, and more.
The Northern Lights flight experience is £229 per person and includes:
- A 3-hour flight in search of the Northern Lights
- A pre-flight presentation by expert astronomer Pete Lawrence, who regularly appears on the BBC's "The Sky at Night". Pete will be accompanied by either Nigel Bradbury, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, or amateur astronomer and physicist Dr Lee Sproats, who will join you on your flight
- Light refreshments on board
- London Gatwick... 8 November, 2023; 7 February; 4 March, 2024
- Birmingham... 9 November, 2023; 12 March, 2024
- Manchester... 11 November, 2023; 5 February, 2024
- Bristol... 19 November, 2023; 8 February, 2024
- Newcastle... 7 March, 2024
- Leeds Bradford... 6 March, 2024
- London Stanstead... 11 March, 2024
About the excursion
The evening begins with an informative pre-flight presentation, at the airport or in a nearby hotel, about how the flight will operate, the main sights that will be visible, how and why the aurora happens, and the forecast for seeing the Northern Lights.
You will then board the flight, and after take-off the cabin will be made as dark as possible to allow for optimum viewing. The search for the Northern Lights will be accompanied by expert commentary from astronomers. Pete Lawrence, who has appeared regularly on the BBC’s long-running "The Sky at Night" and is highly regarded as a world-class astro-photographer, will be on the flight. Either Nigel Bradbury or Dr Lee Sproats will join Pete. Mr Bradbury is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and Dr Lee Sproats has also appeared on "The Sky at Night".
After the night sky observation, the cabin lights will be switched back on and light refreshments will be served as you travel back to the airport. Please note, the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and a sighting cannot be guaranteed. Omega's guest astronomer advises that there is an 80% chance of a sighting, varying from a gentle glow to dramatic curtaining effects.
How to Book
Book online with Omega Breaks
- Click Book Now on your preferred departure airport
- Select how many people you are booking for and how many flight seats under the "Rooms" option (these should be the same number)
- Enter the required details
- Complete your purchase
- You will be required to create an account