£189pp & up – Northern Lights UK flight experience
Get once-in-a-lifetime views of the Northern Lights, the Milky Way, and Orion’s Belt, plus much more
You can now take in the natural wonders of the Northern Lights on a unique night-flight experience from Omega Breaks that includes pre-flight presentations, in-flight commentary, and an opportunity to see the Northern Lights, the Milky Way, Orion’s Belt, and more. Flights start from £189 per person — with departures from numerous airports across Britain — and save £40-£50 on the regular price.
This star-studded Northern Lights night flight now costs from £189 per person. You'll get:
- A 60-minute pre-flight presentation by expert astronomer Pete Lawrence, who regularly appears on the BBC's "The Sky at Night". Pete will be accompanied by either Nigel Bradbury, Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society, or amateur astronomer and physicist Dr Lee Sproats, who will join you on your flight
- Flight, which lasts over three hours, in search of the Northern Lights
- Light refreshments on board
£189pp (usually £229pp)
- Newcastle... 1 November, 2021; 2 March, 2022
- Leeds... 2 November, 2021
- Manchester... 3 November, 2021; 3 March, 2022
- London Gatwick... 5 November, 2021; 23 March, 2022
- Birmingham... 28 February, 2022
£204pp (usually £249pp)
- Glasgow... 30 October, 2021; 27 March, 2022
- Edinburgh... 31 October, 2021; 26 March, 2022
- East Midlands... 4 November, 2021
- London Stansted... 27 February, 2022
- Leeds... 4 March, 2022
£209pp (usually £259pp)
- Bristol... 23 February, 2022
- Cardiff... 25 February, 2022
£219pp (usually £269pp)
- Exeter... 24 February, 2022
About the experience
The evening begins with an informative pre-flight presentation, at the airport itself or in a nearby hotel, about how the flight will operate, the main sights that will be visible, how and why the aurora happens, and the forecast for seeing the Northern Lights.
You will then board the flight, and after take-off the cabin will be made as dark as possible to allow for optimum viewing. The search for the Northern Lights will be accompanied by expert commentary from astronomers. Pete Lawrence, who has appeared regularly on the BBC’s long-running "The Sky at Night" and is highly regarded as a world-class astro-photographer, will be on the flight. Either Nigel Bradbury or Dr Lee Sproats will join Pete. Mr Bradbury is a Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society and Dr Lee Sproats has also appeared on "The Sky at Night".
After the night sky observation, the cabin lights will be switched back on and light refreshments will be served as you travel back to the airport. Please note, the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and a sighting cannot be guaranteed. Omega's guest astronomer advises that there is an 80% chance of a sighting, varying from a gentle glow to dramatic curtaining effects.
£189pp & up
How to Book
Book online with Omega Breaks
- Click Book Now on your preferred departure point
- Select how many people you are booking for and how many flight seats under the "Rooms" option (these should be the same number)
- Enter the required details
- Complete your purchase — you will be required to create an account
Book this deal by phone
Call Omega Breaks on 0330 013 0145.
Please quote TRAVELZOO. Call charges may apply.