£589pp – Deluxe 7-night Rhine cruise with meals, save £190
See four countries on this 7-night trip along "Europe's most enchanting river" (The Daily Telegraph)
Discover gorgeous half-timbered villages and storybook views at every turn on this exclusive week-long Rhine cruise, which Cosmos has just reduced to £589 per person, up to £190 less than regular prices. Neither flights nor tours are included in this trip, which is perfect for those who may want to drive or take a longer holiday in the region. You'll also be free to cosy up in a café, wander at your own pace, and discover hidden gems off the beaten path. Plus, there is no single supplement.
- A 7-night cruise on MS Edelweiss, in a Main Rear Deck Cabin
- Seven breakfasts, six lunches, and seven dinners
- The services of an expert cruise director
Flights are not included, but we've found flights to Basel from as little as £53 per person, return. You can also arrange flights direct with Cosmos. Excursions, drinks, transfers, gratuities (recommended 5-7€ per person, per day), and port tax in Amsterdam (8€ per person) are not included.
Sail from Basel on 2 or 16 October, 2021.
For more information and to book online, see Cosmos's website. Call 033 0808 8346 to speak to an agent.
- Basel, Switzerland... you'll board MS Edelweiss in Basel and embark on your cruise at 3pm
- Strasbourg, France... is the cosmopolitan capital of France's Alsace region and the formal seat of the European Parliament. We recommend wandering around Petite France, the city's old tanners' quarter, known for its cobblestoned lanes, winding canals, and half-timbered houses
- Koblenz, Germany... the Rhine and Moselle rivers meet in this beautiful 2000-year-old city, which is tucked between the terraced vineyards of the Rhine Gorge. You can choose to explore independently, or join excursions to either the Eifel mountain area or the Lava Dome Volcano Museum
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands... enjoy a coffee in a cosy roastery with views of the city's 17th-century canals, or join an optional tour to see the Dutch Golden Age masterpieces at the Rijksmuseum
- Dusseldorf, Germany... this city on the banks of the Rhine is famous for its Avant-Garde architecture. You can join a trip to the Ruhr, where you can visit the UNESCO World Heritage coal mine Zeche Zollverein, for a supplement
- Koblenz, Germany... you'll get a second chance to explore Koblenz as you sail back south to Basel
- Plittersdorf, Germany... this is the starting point for optional excursions to the Black Forest spa town of Baden Baden. We recommend making the trip — Lonely Planet praises the town's "grand colonnaded buildings", "whimsically turreted art nouveau villas", and "air of old world luxury"
- Basel, Switzerland... you'll say goodbye to your fellow passengers and begin your independent journey home
Passengers must provide written evidence of either full vaccination against COVID-19, with the second dose administered at least 14 days prior to departure, or written evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result. Read more on pre-cruise health screening here. Passengers can explore ports independently, but must wear a mask if required, and respect social distancing measures.
MS Edelweiss is a 4-star ship that carries 180 passengers at full capacity, and interiors are modern, light, and airy. There are two restaurants, Jungfrau and Matterhorn, a lounge with a dance floor, and a bar with a terrace. In your free time on board, you can relax by the swimming pool on the sun deck or have a go on the putting green. All cabins are outward facing with windows.
When physical distancing is not possible, you may need to wear a mask onboard — for example, while moving about the ships corridors, and disembarking for excursions. Cosmos cruises are popular with international customers and announcements on board the ships will be made in multiple European languages. The Cruise Director speaks English and German.
- Sail in a Middle Deck Cabin, which has a private French Balcony, from £848 per person
- Add a MyCosmos excursion package, which includes a total six tours throughout the trip, for 229€ per person. Excursions can also be purchased on board
28-45 days before departure: 50% of holiday cost
15-27 days before departure: 75% of holiday cost
14 days or fewer before departure: 100% of holiday cost
Cosmos's full terms and conditions apply. For more details, see https://www.cosmos.co.uk/legal-information/booking-conditions/. For the latest information on your destination, see https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
ABTA (V3031) protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Cosmos is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.