£1649pp – Danube: deluxe summer river cruise w/free drinks
You'll visit Vienna, the 2020 Capital of Music, on the 250th anniversary of Beethoven's birth
Cruise the waterways that inspired Wagner, see the imperial palaces of Vienna and soak up the spectacular scenery of the Danube Valley with this week-long cruise from Riviera Travel. Now £1649 per person, the summertime voyage includes tours in all ports as well as a free drinks package worth £109 per person.
- Return flights to Vienna or Bratislava, with a 23kg checked-baggage allowance
- Return coach transfers
- A 7-night full-board cruise on MS Thomas Hardy, in a Luxury Suite
- All excursions as per itinerary
- A free 7-night drinks package (worth £109 per person)
Fly from London (Gatwick or Stansted) on 4, 11, 18 July; 22 August, 2020.
- Vienna... board the ship and get to know your fellow passengers over dinner. The next day, you'll take a guided tour of Vienna, taking in its grand boulevards, Baroque palaces, the world's largest art collection and the Spanish Riding School. Enjoy a classical recital on board ship in the evening as you head to Krems
- Krems... from there, you'll drive to Göttweig Abbey, a medieval Benedictine monastery with sweeping views of the Danube Valley
- Passau and Aldersbach... you'll have some free time to explore the winding streets of old Passau, then head to the Cistercian monastery at Aldesbach after lunch to see the church, brewery and museum
- Regensburg... this city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was founded by the Romans and is one of the best-preserved ancient settlements in Europe. You'll tour this Bavarian city with an experienced guide, taking in diverse architecture spanning the past 2000 years
- Linz or Cesky Krumlov... Choose between a guided tour of Linz, taking in its historic and elegant merchant houses, or an excursion to Cesky Krumlov, visiting the magnificent castle set in extensive gardens
- Vienna... disembark at the City of Music and enjoy some free time or visit Schönbrunn Palace, before saying goodbye to your fellow passengers at the Captain's Dinner. The next morning, you'll transfer to the airport to catch your flight home
MS Thomas Hardy can hold 169 passengers and has two restaurants, a lounge bar, a small splash pool and a mini putting green. A pianist plays nightly in the bar and there are daily talks on the destinations ahead.
All suites have marble bathrooms with rain showers.The included drinks package covers alcoholic drinks at mealtimes.
Transfers & baggage
Return transfers and a 23kg checked-baggage allowance are included.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Riviera Travel is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.