£899pp—Canaries & Portugal winter-sun cruise for 14 nights
A 2-week adventure with no hassle—just hop on, unpack once, and explore Portugal and the Canaries
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to sunnier climes in January and go island-hopping aboard Balmoral with this 14-night deal from Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines. You'll explore Funchal's botanical gardens, wonder at Tenerife's volcanic landscapes, and get the chance to relax on the sand in Gran Canaria. This £899-per-person package includes all meals throughout and saves up to £200 per person.
- A 14-night cruise on Balmoral, in an Interior Cabin
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner at a variety of onboard restaurants
- Onboard activities, including guest speakers, cookery demonstrations and tastings, and guided activities like stargazing
Sail from Southampton on 4 January, 2024.
For more information or to book online, visit Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines' website. Enter promo code TZOO23 to book at the discounted rate. Alternatively, call 0800 0355 087 and quote the same code.
- Funchal... Madeira, voted the World's Leading Island Destination at the 2023 World Travel Awards, is known for its picturesque town centre, colourful gardens, delightful shops, and al fresco cafés. Optional tours include a visit to an organic vineyard and a tour of the Palheiro Gardens.
- La Palma... spend the day wandering along the picturesque promenade or relaxing in the bustling Plaza España. Head to the island's highest point, Roque de Los Muchachos, with an optional tour.
- San Sebastián de La Gomera... unwind at one of the many pavement cafés or book an optional excursion—you could trek through tropical mountains in Las Hayas or visit the Hermigua botanical garden, where you'll learn how to make palm honey, see how baskets are made with banana leaves, and sample local cheese and wine.
- Tenerife... relax on sandy beaches, shop for souvenirs on Calle de Castillo, or watch the world go by at Plaza de Espana. Optional excursions include a whale-watching tour or a cable-car ride up to the highest point of the island to explore El Teide National Park.
- Gran Canaria... known for its lush mountainous interior and sensational coastlines that sparkle in the year-round sunshine. Learn how to make mojo sauce on an optional excursion, or explore the island's old town (Vegueta) with an optional guided tour.
- Lanzarote... home to beautiful sun-bleached buildings and a Mediterranean-style promenade—visit the 16th-century Castillo San Gabriel or marvel at artworks at the Museum of International and Contemporary Art. Join an optional excursion to the fiery mountains of Timanfaya or embark on a tour of Lanzarote's wine regions.
- Lisbon... head out on deck as you sail to soak up scenic views, and have your camera at the ready as you travel past the Discovery Monument and the UNESCO-listed Belem Tower. In Lisbon, hop aboard the number 28 tram to journey through the districts of Graça, Alfama, Baixa, and Estrela. Alternatively, join an optional tram tour of the city while you sample pastéis de nata, or try local delicacies (including queijada) on a tour of Sintra.
Balmoral is the smallest ship in Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines' fleet, and Cruise Critic praises the "stylish and friendly" vessel offering "classic small ship cruising with a fresh new look".
Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included, and a traditional afternoon tea is served every day, with finger sandwiches, scones, and cakes, and you can sample treats of the region in the onboard restaurants. If you'd like something special, you can dine at Fred. Olsen's two speciality restaurants for a small supplement—Vasco, which specialises in Goan cuisine, or Colours & Tastes, which serves Asian fusion dishes (£10 per person supplement when pre-booked, or £15 when booked on board).
During the day, you can cosy up in one of the lounges, or visit The Observatory, which has panoramic ocean views. At night, you can grab a drink at The Morning Light Pub, watch big-production shows in the elegant theatre, and enjoy dancing after the evening performance.
Sit in on guest lectures to learn more about everything from Madeira's flora and the biodiversity of the Azores, the Canary Islands, and Madeira, to astronomy and space science. You can also discover what it takes to captain a cruise ship with Balmoral's very own Captain, or join the navigational officers to find out about chart reading. At night, head out on deck for an evening of guided stargazing.
Learn how to make local delicacies such as Rancho Canario (an authentic Canarian stew), migas con chorizo, piri piri chicken, Basque burnt cheesecake, and more.
- Sail in an Ocean View Cabin from £1099 per person
- Sail in a Superior Ocean View Cabin from £1399 per person
- Solo travellers can book this deal from £1349, with upgrades to Ocean View Cabins and Ocean Suites available for an extra fee
Transfers & baggage
Porterage is included between your cabin and the pickup and drop-off points.
ABTA (W0637) protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.