£1799pp – San Francisco, Napa wine tour & Alaska cruise
You'll get to cruise through wild, ancient glaciers, and tour the sun-soaked wineries of Napa Valley
See the best of America's West Coast on this 13-night adventure from Cruise2, which takes you from the vineyards of California to Alaska's wildest frontiers for £1799 per person. You'll get a 3-night stay in San Francisco — plenty of time to see the Golden Gate Bridge and sample some crisp wines in Napa Valley — then embark on a deluxe Princess Alaska cruise so you can spot humpback whales and bald eagles.
- Return flights to San Francisco, with a 23kg checked-baggage allowance
- Three nights at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins, San Francisco, in a Standard Room
- A full-day Napa Valley and Sonoma Country wineries tour
- A 10-night full-board Alaska cruise on Ruby Princess, in an Inside Cabin
Fly from London on 27 April, 2022.
You can also travel on 4 September, 2022, for £1899 per person.
Fly from Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, or Newcastle from £1899 per person.
For more information, visit Cruise2's website. To book, call 020 3884 2555.
First, you'll spend three nights at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins, a 1920s property in San Francisco's Nob Hill district. You'll get plenty of free time to explore the city at a relaxed pace — the hotel is an easy stroll from all the main attractions including Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, and the colourful rows of Victorian houses known as the "Painted Ladies".
You'll get a full-day tour of California's wine country, taking you to several ranches and wineries in Napa Valley and Sonoma Country, where you can sample local wines with an expert sommelier.
After three nights in San Francisco, you'll board Ruby Princess for your 10-night Alaska cruise. Highlights include:
- Juneau... the capital of Alaska, and the starting point for optional excursions to Mendenhall Glacier
- Skagway... a historic gold-rush town set against a backdrop of forested mountains
- Glacier Bay National Park... the Alaska of your imagination, with brilliant blue waters, cathedral-sized icebergs, and great wildlife-spotting opportunities
- Ketchikan... close to the southern tip of Alaska, and the gateway to Misty Fiords National Monument. The area has a rich Haida and Tlingit heritage, and "there is no better place in the US to see totem poles in all their craning, colorful glory", according to Lonely Planet
- Victoria... capital of Vancouver Island in Canada's British Columbia. While you're there, we recommend checking out the city's Chinatown — it is the oldest in Canada, and you can find great loose-leaf tea in its cosy tearooms and bakeries
Finally, you'll spend a day cruising back to San Francisco, then say goodbye to Ruby Princess and catch your flight home.
Ruby Princess is owned and operated by Princess Cruises, an award-winning deluxe cruise line praised by Cruise Critic for its "excellent service" and "friendly" atmosphere. The ship has three main dining rooms and a selection of speciality restaurants, including a steakhouse, a bayou-style crab shack, and a fine-dining restaurant by celebrity chef Ernesto Uchimura.
Other amenities include an 800-seat theatre, four swimming pools, a selection of bars and nightclubs, a poolside cinema that hosts film screenings under the stars, and an Asian-inspired spa (supplements apply for treatments).
- Solo travellers can book the same holiday for £2899
- Children under 12 travel from £1299 per child
- Add a Princess Plus Package, including premium drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips onboard ship, from £35 per person, per day
- Add extra nights in San Francisco from £99 per person, per night
- Sail in an Obstructed Oceanview Cabin from £1898 per person
- Sail in a Balcony Cabin from £2298 per person
Transfers & baggage
Add transfers throughout from £99 per person. A 23kg checked-baggage allowance is included.
ABTA and ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Cruise2 is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.