£1699pp – Alaska cruise & Rockies train w/Chicago & Seattle
This deal includes a scenic train ride through one of the wildest national parks in America
The Amtrak Empire Builder from Chicago to Seattle is "one of America's most beloved long-distance train routes" (Travel + Leisure) — the ever-changing scenery encompasses lonely amber prairies, dense forests home to wild grizzly bears, and the peaks and glassy lakes of Montana's Glacier National Park. Add this extraordinary journey to a week long Alaska cruise with this exclusive rail-and-sail package from Jetline Cruise, which is now £1699 per person for departures in 2022.
- Outbound flight to Chicago and return flight from Seattle
- Two nights at the Fairmont Millennium Park, Chicago, in a Standard Room
- A 2-night Amtrak Empire Builder train ride from Chicago to Seattle in a private sleeper Roomette with daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Overnight stay at the Crowne Plaza Seattle-Downtown, in a Standard Room
- 7-night cruise on Discovery Princess, in an Interior Cabin
- All meals on the cruise
Depart from London Heathrow on 3 May, 2022.
Travel on 10 May; 30 August; 13 September, 2022, from £1799 per person, or on 24, 31 May; 23 August, 2022, from £1999 per person.
- Chicago... spend two nights exploring the city from the Fairmont Millennium Park, which overlooks Lake Michigan
- Amtrak Empire Builder... you'll travel from Chicago to Seattle in a private sleeper cabin with a big window. The scenic route crosses seven states and follows part of the historic Lewis and Clarke trail through Glacier National Park. All meals are included and are served in the dining car
- Seattle... stay overnight in the city centre, 15 minutes' walk from the famous Pike Place Market — a 108-year-old farmers' market that's home to over 500 shops, vendors, and restaurants
- Ketchikan... close to the southern tip of Alaska, and the gateway to Misty Fiords National Monument, the area has a rich Haida and Tlingit heritage, and "there is no better place in the US to see totem poles in all their craning, colorful glory", according to Lonely Planet
- Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier... cruise down the 30-mile-long Endicott Arm Fjord, known for being a breeding ground for harbour seals; pass tumbling waterfalls, granite cliffs, and floating icebergs; and see the impressive Dawes Glacier, standing at over 600 feet tall
- Juneau... the capital of Alaska, and the starting point for optional excursions to Mendenhall Glacier, which is an impressive 13 miles long
- Skagway... a historic gold-rush town set against a backdrop of forested mountains, and a great spot for eagle sightings
- Victoria... capital of Vancouver Island in Canada's British Columbia. While you're there, we recommend checking out the city's Chinatown — it is the oldest in Canada, and you can find great loose-leaf tea in its cosy tearooms and bakeries
- Seattle... where you'll disembark to catch your flight home
Discovery Princess will launch in spring, 2022, and features an open-air poolside amphitheatre where you can snuggle up under a blanket and enjoy a film, a sports court, a gym, a casino, a theatre, and a cocktail bar featuring live piano entertainment. There are also plenty of opportunities to relax on deck on a sunlounger, taking in the vast Alaska scenery.
Dining options include an international buffet, a pizzeria, a casual dining area with market-style stalls serving street food, a café serving afternoon tea, and a gelateria. There are also speciality dining options for a supplement, including a grill serving premium aged beef and fresh seafood, and a seafood bar serving sushi and sashimi, lobster, and king crab.
Transfers & baggage
Transfers throughout cost £70 per person. A checked-baggage allowance of 23kg per person, return, is included.
ATOL (6153) protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Jetline Cruise is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at email@example.com.
£1699ppCall 020 3925 1218
How to Book
Call Princess Cruises via Jetline Cruise -- Low deposit on 020 3925 1218.