£1399pp – Luxury 12-night cruise inc Tampa & Clearwater stays
This unique itinerary combines Florida, the Caribbean and Central America
"It’s hard not to fall for South Florida", says Lonely Planet -- think sun-kissed beaches, bubbling bayous and indulgent key lime pie made with the freshest local ingredients. Sail from Florida to Mexico and back again on a deluxe Holland America ship with this deal from Cruise Direction, which is now £1399 per person, and saves up to £220 on prices we've seen elsewhere.
- Return flights to Tampa, with a 20kg checked-baggage allowance
- Two nights at the 4-star Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, in Tampa
- A 7-night cruise aboard Holland America Veendam, in an Ocean View Cabin
- Three nights at the 4-star Sheraton Sand Key Resort, in Clearwater
Fly from London on 6 or 13 November, 2020.
Travelzoo tip: November is the dry season, with great beach weather, and temperatures in Florida regularly reach highs of over 25°C. Temperatures on the Mexican Riviera can reach over 30°C.
- Tampa, Florida... this Gulf Coast city "glitters with contemporary architecture and scenic spaces", says Lonely Planet, and is the gateway to the world-class amusement park, Busch Gardens. You'll spend two nights at a deluxe hotel in the Westshore district before making your own way to the port and boarding Veendam
- Key West, Florida... this tropical island is closer to Cuba than mainland Florida, with picture-perfect "Floribbean" architecture, pastel-hued cottages with white picked fences and blossoming moonflowers. Don't leave without sampling key lime pie -- you'll find plenty of local stores claiming theirs is the best in the world
- Mahogany Bay, Roatán... this Caribbean cruise port is the gateway to Honduras, and its famous "Magical Flying Beach Chair" whisks passengers from the Welcome Center to Mahogany Beach on an open-air gondola
- Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala... only recently opened to cruise ships, this port retains its authentic character and pristine environment. It makes a great base to explore the country's rainforests, ruins and ancient forts
- Costa Maya, Mexico... this port city on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula is a great base for exploring the country's Caribbean Coast. We recommend visiting Mahahual, a quaint fishing village around 30 minutes' drive from the cruise port, or opting to visit Chacchoben, the largest Mayan ruins discovered to date
- St Pete, Florida... after disembarking in Tampa, you'll spend three nights at a deluxe Sheraton hotel on a private spot on Clearwater Beach. The hotel has an oceanfront pool and is a short shuttle ride from the centre of Clearwater, from where you can follow impressive nature trails through mangrove swamps and native pine forests
MS Veendam "blends a modicum of hipness with the strong traditional flavor that Holland America Line is known for", says Cruise Critic. It has an intimate atmosphere with plenty of private nooks, and has an opulent dining room decorated with plush red furniture and gold lanterns. Other amenities include a theatre with a live orchestra, a dance club, a casino and a late night Crows Nest bar.
The ship benefits from the cruise line's new activities programme, encorporating presentations on destinations, cooking demos and wellness sessions, including tai chi.
Upgrade to a Verandah Cabin from an extra £399 per person.
Transfers & baggage
Add private transfers throughout from £179 per person. A 20kg checked-baggage allowance is included.
ATOL protected. Travelzoo acts only as an advertising intermediary in respect of the travel services featured in this deal. For any travel services that you purchase, your contract will be with the supplier of the travel services in question. Travelzoo accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any travel services that you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any travel services. Cruise Direction is solely responsible for all customer service in connection with your purchase. If you experience any difficulties booking the dates and the prices listed above, please report it to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.