$49 – Bento Box Brunch w/Cocktails at Latin-Inspired Sushi Lounge
Renowned local mixologist Gina Chersevani is behind the drink menu at Sakerum. Sample her creations alongside a bento box brunch while saving more than 40%.
- For $49, get a bento box brunch for two (reg. $88):
One bento box per person, like the Churrasco or Pancake and Omelet
- All bento boxes come with mixed seaweed salad, bacon jalapeno home fries, fried plantains and tamago
- One order of mochi to share
- Two coffees, teas or brunch cocktails (up to $15 each), like the Spicy Asian Bloody Mary made with housemade bloody batch, soy sauce, sriracha and shichimi
Why We Love It
- Executive chef Khan Gayabazar blended Latin flavors with his Japanese background to create the menu
- Home fries are included in this Asian twist on brunch
- The space is two stories, featuring a year-round rooftop bar with seating
- Receives 4.5 stars from OpenTable users and 4 stars from Yelp users
Voucher can be redeemed immediately; valid during merchant's operating hours. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Upon arrival, present printed voucher or display in Travelzoo mobile app. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18%-20% is customary for good service. Limit one purchase per person; may buy one additional as gift. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture. Limit one voucher per table. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Not valid during special events, such as Restaurant Week. Valid for two diners only. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in one visit.
(12 Member Reviews)
(12 Member Reviews)
The sushi in the pancakes and omelet bento meal was good as was the seaweed salad pieces mixed into the mesclun salad. So, stick to Japanese food only and you'll be fine.
Everything seemed wildly overpriced once you actually got the food and drinks. Upstairs was lively but downstairs was completely empty, so not sure why service took as long as it did. They got my order wrong slightly, which would have been fine (meat omelet vs. vegetable omelet choice) but the "vegetable omelet" was just some bell peppers wrapped in an egg -- and I'm allergic to bell peppers, so that was disappointing. To me a vegetable omelet has more than one veggie. $13 for a mimosa was pretty bad too.
John Jul 10, 2017 DC, United States
The food and service!
Jennifer Jun 18, 2017 VA, United States
Dessert and fish prep
Not enough staff for Sunday brunch. Also, very warm in upstairs dining room
Gezelle Jun 10, 2017 DC, United States
Atmosphere, food was delicious!
Chau Jun 13, 2017 VA, United States
The lovely atmosphere and fantastic food.
Sakerum has a lovely rooftop setting. Very conducive for Sunday brunch, but could also be great for happy hour cocktails and dinner.
Yvonne May 03, 2017 MD, United States
Brunch Bento Box
I'd suggest some lounge music!
S Alexandra May 31, 2017 VA, United States