$36 – Winery Tour & Picnic in the Blue Ridge Mountains for 2
Philip Carter Winery
Experience the best winery tour in Virginia (VA Wine Lover Magazine) and enjoy wine tastings and a picnic for two at more than half off.
- For $36, two people receive a winery visit and picnic (reg. $85)
- Guided winery tour, which covers the history of Carter family wines dating back to 1762
- A picnic lunch including Virginia cheeses, cured meats, Virginia chutney and chocolates
- Wine education class on wine production and terminology
- Two survivor glasses with a complimentary tasting of red and white wines and a corkscrew
- Visit with four people for $65 (reg. $170)
Why We Love It
- Won a combined eight medals at the the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition and the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition in 2016
- Past Travelzoo guests have called it a "fantastic experience"
- More than 90 TripAdvisor users give the winery an average of 4 stars
- Located in Hume, Va., the winery is about an hour drive from D.C.
Voucher can be redeemed immediately; valid Thursday-Monday during merchant's operating hours. Online reservations required for tour for two and four; subject to availability. Phone reservations required for private party. Upon arrival, present printed voucher or display in Travelzoo mobile app. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. Limit one purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture. Tasting and wine purchase discount are complimentary and provided by Philip Carter Winery on site. They are not included in the value of this deal. Any alcoholic beverages, if consumed, are not specifically discounted as part of this offering. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Vineyard hours are subject to weather conditions. Must be 21 years or older. Valid for two people. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in one visit.
When You Can Go
Through Sept. 30, 2017
(45 Member Ratings)
(45 Member Ratings)
Danielle Aug 23, 2017 VA, United States
The fresh peach sangria
Excellent informative tour!
Stephanie Aug 22, 2017 VA, United States
This is my second time visiting this winery and using travelzoo voucher. In both visits, I enjoyed he tour, facility and the staff. It was easy making a reservation, and all I had to do was provide my voucher and enjoy! I did!
Evy was our guide and she was fun, providing informative information about the winery and wine. The facility was very relaxing, and it was a beautiful day to sit outside.
Vicky May 17, 2017 WV, United States
View and Picnic after wine tasting.
Rakesh May 01, 2017 VA, United States
The wine tasting
The winery tour was very informative. Evie was a great tour guide.
Vladimir Aug 02, 2017 VA, United States
Anita Apr 18, 2017 VA, United States
The staff and the music were wonderful. The assortment of wines for the tasting was above expectations.
Dorene Feb 07, 2017 VA, United States
Lovely place, beautiful weather for a picnic with a delicious wine.
Richard Feb 21, 2017 VA, United States
The staff was great
James Mar 27, 2017 VA, United States
The friendly staff and their attention to all customers.
The wines were exquisite. The tasting experience was very informative as attention was paid to each tested sample. They have a nice variety of French wines from light to dark and red or white,
Ellis Mar 27, 2017 VA, United States