$59 – 3-Course Italian Tasting Tour for 2 at NY Mag Pick Gente
Gente is favored among locals for "regional Italian fare that takes you on a trip through Italy without leaving midtown" (New York magazine).
Why We Love It
- Earns over 4 stars from more than 600 OpenTable reviewers
- The menu is inspired by owner and chef Jay Mitchell's frequent Italy trips
- Located three blocks from Grand Central Terminal and five subway lines
- Save room for dessert: gelato and sorbetto are flown in daily from Milan
- For $59 (reg. up to $122), sit down to a three course dinner for two
- Choice of two appetizers (up to $18 each), such as the Kobé meatball crostinis with pomodoro sauce and mozzarella
- Choice of two entrees (up to $34 each), such as the sea bass with white wine and slivered almonds, or the stuffed chicken breast with prosciutto, mushrooms, spinach and fontina cheese
- Two desserts (up to $9 each), such as the tiramisu or New York cheesecake
- For $115 (reg. up to $244), get this same deal for four
Voucher can be redeemed immediately; valid daily during merchant's operating dinner hours. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Upon arrival, present printed voucher or display in Travelzoo mobile app. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service. Limit one purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture. Not valid toward the salumi plate or antipasto plate. Limit one voucher per table. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). Not valid during special events, such as Restaurant Week. Valid for two or four diners only, depending on voucher. Dine-in only. Seasonal items subject to change. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in one visit.
When You Can Go
Through April 30, 2017
(39 Member Reviews)
(39 Member Reviews)
The wait staff was friendly
The food was mediocre at best; my wife encountered a cockroach in the bathroom
James Feb 28, 2017 NY, United States
Choice of food and wine.
Sales tax was computed on the "retail" price $234, not the cost $89 of the voucher, an extra $12 not anticipated. At first they did not want to honor the voucher because ten customers had them on the previous night, but then relented as we were the only customers there.
Erik Dec 20, 2016 NJ, United States
The food was excellent. It was a great meal. The service was average. they had a problem with the front door not closing and it was a cold night so the patrons who had seats close to the door had to get up often and close the door.
The meal was excellent and it was great enjoyed by the three of us in the group. We bought the deal for 4 people but we went with only 3 people and thy charged us on the original cost of 4 people. So the bill, taxes and tip was based on 4 people eating when only 3 people ate. The bill should be based on a real bill not on what was bought originally. The tip and tax was $120.40 for 3 people
Pia Dec 15, 2016 NJ, United States
testing variety dished with low cost
excellent wine selections, calm atmosphere
Jun Dec 14, 2016 NY, United States
The variety of dishes that were part of the deal. You were able to try several different dishes.
Susan Dec 13, 2016 NJ, United States
Foods are not that great
Ki Dec 13, 2016 NY, United States
Food and service
james Dec 13, 2016 AL, United States
Rebecca Dec 13, 2016 NY, United States
decent food. not too noisy.
Susan Dec 13, 2016 NH, United States
The food and service were perfect.
Margaret Nov 23, 2016 NY, United States