$29 – Monterey: Ride a Water Bike Through an Estuarine Reserve
We can almost guarantee you've never ridden a bike on water, so here's your chance -- get a two-hour hydrobike rental and explore Moss Landing's estuarine reserve.
Why We Love It
- This human-powered craft travels up to 8 mph
- The watercraft is very stable and you'll stay dry
- Monterey Bay Hydrobikes earns a perfect 5 stars on Yelp
- Explore Elkhorn Slough, home to wildlife like birds, sea otters and harbor seals
Travelzoo Tip: The reserve has rookeries for heron and egrets that become especially active in May.
- $29 for a two-hour hydrobike rental for one person (reg. $60)
- $54.99 for a two-hour hydrobike rental for two people (reg. $120; one hydrobike per person)
- Riders can "bike" around Elkhorn Slough Natural Estuarine Research Reserve
- The area hosts hundreds of species of birds -- more than 346, to be exact -- and along the main channel's 7 miles live fish, crabs, sea lions and more
- The hydrobikes have a built-in storage console for all your belongings, plus two cup holders
When You Can Go
Through Oct. 31, 2017
(27 Member Reviews)