$179 – Minnesota's 'Best Wilderness Resort' for 2, Save 40%
Get away from civilization for a few days of autumn color or winter solitude along the shores of Gunflint Lake. Members can save 40% on a stay in a private cabin with a wood-burning fireplace, a kitchenette and views of the lake.
- Arrive Sunday-Wednesday through Dec. 20
- For $179 (reg. $298), reserve a two-night stay in a Classic Cabin for two
- For $269 (reg. $447), reserve a three-night stay in a Classic Cabin for two
- Arrive daily between Jan. 3 - March 5
- For $269 (reg. $458), reserve a two-night stay in a Classic Cabin for two
- For $419 (reg. $687), reserve a two-night stay in a Classic Cabin for two
- Cabin stays include all Adventure Activities
- Not available on: Nov. 23-27; Jan. 12-14; Feb. 16-18
Why We Love It
- Stay in a Classic Cabin with stone wood-burning fireplaces, king or queen beds, kitchens, grills and lake views; some cabins also have a private sauna or hot tub
- The Star Tribune named Gunflint the state's best wilderness resort in 2015; the property is just an hour north of the Star Tribune's 2016 best small town for dining, Grand Marais
- Includes outdoor activities like canoeing, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing; guests can also arrange for snowmobile rentals or dogsled rides
- "It’s easy to romanticize this remote getaway, which is a popular year-round destination for vacations, weddings, and honeymoons" (Mpls. St. Paul Magazine)
Travelzoo Tip: As this is a true wilderness experience, members have told us that cell phone service and Wi-Fi are limited, and even TV reception is minimal (though the lodge has a wide selection of movies you can borrow).
Additional Hotel Specific Charges: Sales tax and an 8% service charge are not included and will be paid directly to the hotel. This fee covers guest services, amenities and guided naturalist activities. Parking is complimentary.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-328-3325 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
Cancellation and Other Hotel Policies: Once a room is reserved, hotel cancellation policy prevails; cancellations or changes must be made 30 days prior to arrival. Hotel-imposed penalties may apply. Any unused promotional value credit will be forfeited upon checkout. This deal cannot be combined with other offers. Guests must adhere to hotel rules and policies. Taxes and gratuity, if applicable, are additional. Voucher must be used in one visit. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcohol. Valid for new reservations only; not valid for existing bookings.
When You Can Go
Sun-Weds through Dec. 20; daily 2018 packages also available
(69 Member Ratings)