$49 – The Grove: Dinner & Drink at 189 by Dominique Ansel
Chef Dominique Ansel, inventor of the Cronut®, "turns to savory at the Grove with this refined bistro offering a full-service menu of seasonal, globally inspired salads, veggie-friendly dishes and chops" (Zagat).
- $49 for a three-course dinner with a beverage for one person:
- Any one small; any one medium; and one large dish (up to $28)
- One alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink up to $15
- Note: Seasonal items subject to change. Valid for restaurant on second floor only; not valid for bakery on ground floor
Why We Love It
- Angelenos get first dibs on snagging a table at Ansel's premier dinner restaurant, named after the chef's first NYC kitchen address
- In his review, the late Jonathan Gold highlights the Pull-Apart Sweet Corn “Elotes” Milk Bread and “Triple Sun” Carbonara
- Bringing a “chemist’s precision to the savory kitchen” (LA Times), the James Beard award-winning chef is hoping to emphasize “food that people will remember” rather than a specific style (Variety)
- From the "modern, elegant and slightly whimsical" (Zagat) second-floor dining space, catch treetop views overlooking the Grove's main thoroughfare
Travelzoo Tip: Head downstairs to the bakery on your way out to pick up some treats to-go: the Cronut®, DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann), Cookie Shot, Frozen S'more and more.
When You Can Go
Through March 31